DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Body Screws Source

Rockl

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Be careful with those screws. They look like they are for the bottom plate on the Mavic, not the top body. Although they are advertised as "Upper Middle Bottom Cover Screws," their listing is misleading. The top body screws are all the same, but have 6 threads. There are 2 different types of screws for the bottom plate. The screws in the ad are for some of the bottom plate screws.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny Too
Do you have an original top body screw to compare them to? It just looks like the screws you got are longer. Your screws have 8 or 9 threads. Top body has 6 threads.

Bottom and top plate screws.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Irish-apple
Do you have an original top body screw to compare them to? It just looks like the screws you got are longer. Your screws have 8 or 9 threads. Top body has 6 threads.

View attachment 42363

Hi Rob,

Good point. The ones I ordered at the link provided are 8 threads. The supplier seems to have a 20 pcs package also, but I can't tell if they include 6 thread type screws or not. Here are some photos of what I received. The photos show one 8 thread from a Mavic Pro P, and one from the supplier side by side, and a short 6 thread for comparison. Also, the packaging has a QR code on one side and the number '8' on the other side, so maybe that's the thread quantity? What's the best way to cut them from 8 to 6 threads? :)IMG_6121.jpg IMG_6122.jpg IMG_6123.jpg

Hi Rob,

Good point. The ones I ordered at the link provided are 8 threads. The supplier seems to have a 20 pcs package also, but I can't tell if they include 6 thread type screws or not. Here are some photos of what I received. The photos show one 8 thread from a Mavic Pro P, and one from the supplier side by side, and a short 6 thread for comparison. Also, the packaging has a QR code on one side and the number '8' on the other side, so maybe that's the thread quantity? What's the best way to cut them from 8 to 6 threads? :)View attachment 42365 View attachment 42366 View attachment 42367
If you are going to cut them, thread a nut on first; then after you cut them removing the nut will chase the threads for you.

What's the best way to cut them from 8 to 6 threads?

A dremel tool works well to cut down longer screws. Just try to be sure to leave at least 6 threads so it can grip the plastic hole.

The supplier seems to have a 20 pcs package also, but I can't tell if they include 6 thread type screws or not.

Nope, it looks like the 20 pack has the screws you got plus some different screws that have maybe 14 threads. Not for a Mavic at all.

Last edited:
using mag dishes help to not loose them

Gotta be careful with those mag dishes. They can magnetize the screws, and if you put a magnetized screw near compass #1 or 2, you will get compass errors that never seem to go away! I learned that from @sar104. I just use a screw organizer that I got it on Amazon for $4

screw organizer.jpg

Gotta be careful with those mag dishes. They can magnetize the screws, and if you put a magnetized screw near compass #1 or 2, you will get compass errors that never seem to go away! I learned that from @sar104. I just use a screw organizer that I got it on Amazon for $4

View attachment 42368
I met a guy who uses ice cube trays

Reactions: Former Member
Great idea. Just remember to remove the screws before adding water if you are going to make ice with them. Otherwise you will be drinking a screwdriver. That was bad. My poor wife has to deal with my bad sense of humor every day.
a cowboy rode into town on friday,planned to stay 3 days but leave on friday
how'd he do this?

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato