DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro completely out of control (VIDEO)

autarh

Reactions
Strange things happened while i was recording video of my property ... i was flying for about 10 minutes.. and headed back home pointing drone at me...
In one moment i lost connection with drone (11:24 video bellow), and then drone started behaving completely crazy , without any intervention from my side ...
Mobile lost connection , and RC lost connection also ...

It started flying around the place and started as i think is RTH (12:04)... but it stuck about 2 meters high in air , also it was about 6-7 meters away from RTH

I tried to restart DJI go 4 aplication, but no help..
I tried powering DOWN , and the powering UP RC, but no connection could be made...

Then (12:34) i tried to catch it with hand and pull down , but no help, he would not turn engines down, and i have to let it go... after that he went on 2,5 meters (i am 196 cm , so 2.5 meters is the most i can catch )

I tried them off/on mobile, off/on RC... everything but no help..

Then i started recording with mobile for warranty purpose.. (14:00)
on 14:55 i decided i have to catch it on 2 points, on belly and on front landing leg... it started fighting but as soon as i put him let we says 40 degrees on left he turn off engines...

I put him down , check battery 2 light (2/4) and turn it off...

Imideatly i turned it on and he was completely ok, he connected to remote and so on ...

Any idea what has happened ?
Did i do anything wrong?

If he has stuck 10 meters , drop down , and crash, would warranty cover that ?

Video is split screen , left is MOBILE cache , right is DRONE video ... Camera from mobile is on (

I had a similar situation but I was flying in cautioned airspace... About 5 mins into my flight, a fighter jet flew over and it was like he bit a switch and turned off or brine the communication between the Mavic and it's controller I restarted the controller and quickly re-gained control but I would assume the US military shoots our DJI "toys" out of the sky for target practice... It would be interesting to view those logs though

Dji FLight Record atached...
In my case it is not airplanes or anything like that ...

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-11-28_[14-00-37].txt
    997.9 KB · Views: 5
I don't know how it is in Serbia, but here in the States military sometimes does GPS jamming testing which can make GPS stop working altogether for some time (I've experienced this firsthand last summer when driving and skydiving in California). See

US military tests massive GPS jamming weapon over California

In this case Mavic will go into ATTI mode and will be drifting with every little blow of the wind and not respond to your inputs as you expect.

I am a beginner pilot, but when i see the video i hear the sound "Your homepoint has been updated" when the Mavic is in the air. Maybe that could be the problem, or is this stupid suggestion?

I think it's normal for the drone to act strange when RTH is initiated next to the home point. Not sure about the disconnect though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1