DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Controller - battery life?

Holy smokes........I knew something was odd. I've been tinkering with my new MPP that I got a few days ago but can't fly outside currently because of the weather. While going through the settings in Go 4 on my Crystalsky I noticed that the controller battery seemed to be using up power faster than it should be. Then I came upon this thread and a YouTube video on the same subject.
How can this be acceptable. My DJI MPP FC is charging my DJI CS when they are hooked up? That's crazy.

I found a video on this subject that described by carefully opening the outside jacked of the USB cable and cutting the black wire will stop the FC from charging the phone. Any techy guys here that can confirm this?

A _much_ easier solution is to simple use the aux plug at the bottom of the controller for the display device and connect a portable power pack to the controller. They can be had for $10, used for many other things and pretty much doubles the time the controller can be used.

I did a test. I connected the MPP FC to my phone and it immediately showed that the FC was charging the phone. So with an extra USB cable I carefully cut the black wire within the cable then reconnected the FC to the phone. It did not try to charge the phone again. I then fired up the Go 4 app and everything seemed to work just fine. I'm no electrician so I don't know if there are any negatives to doing this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer