DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Crash - Not Enough Force ESC Error

magedattalla

Reactions
I have been flying my Mavic pro for 3 years without any issues. Today I was flying it in an open space and suddenly out of nowhere I got an error that said "Not Enough Force/ESC Error" and the drone spiraled down and crashed. Has anyone had any similar experience? if so, what happened? I attached the flight log. I can't seem to understand what the issue is.

Attachments

• 2020-08-10_17-03-44_FLY062.DAT
    956.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 2020-08-10 17_00_41-08RDE3J00103J3.dat
    82 bytes · Views: 2
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-10_[16-49-11].txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
I have been flying my Mavic pro for 3 years without any issues. Today I was flying it in an open space and suddenly out of nowhere I got an error that said "Not Enough Force/ESC Error" and the drone spiraled down and crashed. Has anyone had any similar experience? if so, what happened? I attached the flight log. I can't seem to understand what the issue is.
Your data looks like this: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
light data doesn't tell much of the story because it ends at 11:32.1 with the drone still 65 metres in the air and maintaining altitude.

It looks like there may have been a propeller or motor issue starting at 11:23.7 when the Mavic started rotating clockwise without any corresponding rudder input.
The rotation continued to the end of data and the Mavic even ascended 7 metres despite you pulling the left stick down.
At 11:26.9 the VPS is indicating something only two metres below the drone and again after 11:29.7.
The cause of this false reading isn't obvious.

If the drone came down spiralling later, that's a good indication of loss or either a motor or a prop.
If all props were intact and attached to the wreckage, that eliminates laoss of a prop.

...what happened? I attached the flight log.

... It looks like there may have been a propeller or motor issue ...

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D ... sorry though, that it's due to sad circumstances :(

Agree with @Meta4 , this incident was due to a lost prop or a motor failure ... reading out the Yaw, Pitch & Roll movements it was likely the left front that failed.

If you want to know if it was a prop or a motor you need to provide the correct mobile device DAT log for this flight ... the correct one have FLY061.DAT in the end.

Blue Yaw goes rotating in positive (CW) direction = indicating losing either front left or rear right which are applying CCW torque.
Red Pitching negative (down) = losing front thrust
Green Rolls negative (to the left) = losing thrust left side

... all this equals losing front left side.

1597090380116.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan