DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Dips Into The Sea & Comes Back Home

Vipin Sachdev

Reactions
Very strange Mavic Pro flight that I encountered.
My drone was about 750 meters away from me & about 150 meters into the sea when I lost radio contact.
It was a nerve-racking 7 minutes wait. Dramatically the drone came back home & about landed 3 meters away from the RTH with a hard landing, missing a branch by about 2 feet.
The Mavic Pro was wet & the sensors had condensation on it.
We checked the flight records & the record abruptly ends at the time when we lost radio contact.
Later I removed the SD card to see the footage & was shocked to see the drone started to land into the sea at the time when i lost radio contact, dips into the water, decides to come back home & dramatically comes back home.
As of now the drone is not connecting with the remote controller.
I live in Chennai in India.

Last edited:
Reactions: xxC13xx
I hate to be the "pics or it didn't happen" guy, but I'd love to see that footage...

Radio antennae are in the legs, so if they got dunked in sea water, odds are good that's exasperated any prior radio issue it might've had.

Rather unusual for it to abort what sounds like a lost signal autoland, then decide to "take off" again and then perform a standard RTH...

Reactions: Former Member
I hate to be the "pics or it didn't happen" guy, but I'd love to see that footage...

Radio antennae are in the legs, so if they got dunked in sea water, odds are good that's exasperated any prior radio issue it might've had.

Rather unusual for it to abort what sounds like a lost signal autoland, then decide to "take off" again and then perform a standard RTH...

Had a Mavic Air take a dip into a fountain where it was submerged upto the props and yet recovered and lifted out. You can see the footage here:

Still dont understand exactly what happened, but had very low battery and was flying to close to the water.

I tried loading the footage & the log to my post but was not able to. How do I upload this. You can let me know your mail address & will send this to you.

Reactions: Former Member

I guess it tried to land when it lost signal over the ocean. Then detected an obstacle and returned home like it should have.

I think your current problem is that your core board might be damaged and not allow you to connect to the drone. If all you are getting is a blinking yellow light in the back, the chances are that you will need a new core board. Also, your gimbal might have gotten damaged because it looks a little twitchy on the way back.

Reactions: Vipin Sachdev
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan