DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro disappeared

I believe the battery was ok. It did not appear swollen and was not overly hard to get installed or overly easy to remove. It came out and snapped in with an amount of effort that seemed like it was normal.

Plotting that on Google Earth shows the following predicted crash point:

Sar104, what do the green, yellow and red lines on your Google Earth picture plot mean? Just trying to add to my knowledge....thx.

Reactions: Mavic Mac

In the earlier picture, green shows the recorded flight path and yellow is the ground track under that path. Usually I have those the other way around. The red curves show the predicted descent path and its ground track - usually I make those different colors.

Reactions: Mavic Mac
In the earlier picture, green shows the recorded flight path and yellow is the ground track under that path. Usually I have those the other way around. The red curves show the predicted descent path and its ground track - usually I make those different colors.
Thank you....it was the yellow path that had me perplexed.

I tried various approaches to making 3-D GE views of flight paths clearer, but I guess there is still room for improvement.
Even though I consider myself to be computer savvy, your data analysis & plotting skills leave me shaking my head and adding another self-study item to my long list. Thankfully I have a lot of free time and a thirst for knowledge.

Reactions: sar104
I disposed of (3) swollen MPP batteries just a few weeks ago. In my testing I found that the one with the most swelling would "Leap" out of the cradle when the releases were pressed. Next time I have one that's swollen to that degree I'll try and make a snippet of it to share.
At ~$130 a copy, disposing of 3 batteries would be a serious dent in my budget (on a fixed/broken income & retired)... It sure would be good if DJI or someone would offer some sort of rebuild service..
Sorry for the thread drift... I hope the OP finds his drone. I put dayglow tape on mine in case I need to spot it from the air from another drone..

Reactions: GregE
I disposed of (3) swollen MPP batteries just a few weeks ago. In my testing I found that the one with the most swelling would "Leap" out of the cradle when the releases were pressed. Next time I have one that's swollen to that degree I'll try and make a snippet of it to share.
Any ideas what might have happened here?
I hit RTH and saw that it was heading home then it just vanished. I lost signal and the signal never came back along with MP never returning home. Everything looks pretty good to my untrained eye. A couple warnings about wind gusts but nothing else jumps out at me. I'm also not sure if I am going to be able to find this guy. I looked around the last known location and tried to look along the path back home as best I could but didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Did you find the Drone?

Did you find the Drone?

It's always at least polite to follow up eventually either way, for sure.
If found the folk helping like to know how accurate their estimate was, to help future search analysis.

@judoka may not have had a chance to go for another look, let's hope they use the map and yellow pin (post #9) as a starting point to search a grid out from . . . and the farmer doesn't plow / harvest the field in the meantime !!

I unfortunately already had a weekend full of plans and didn't get a chance to get back out in the field to look for it. I will very definitely be looking tonight.

Reactions: RodPad
I covered as wide of an area around and between the last known and projected crash sites as I could with about 10 pounds of mud on each boot. No luck. I will likely be back out there a few more times to be sure but at this point I'm starting to think it might just be gone. ?

I guess there a few possibilities...
Bermuda Triangle effect/alien intervention
An eagle swooped down on it and flew off with it
Someone had a disintegration ray
It traveled some distance between last known and home without ever reconnecting then had a malfunction

I covered as wide of an area around and between the last known and projected crash sites as I could with about 10 pounds of mud on each boot. No luck. I will likely be back out there a few more times to be sure but at this point I'm starting to think it might just be gone. ?

It traveled some distance between last known and home without ever reconnecting then had a malfunction

If the disconnect were due to something other than power loss then it should have returned in RTH mode. So that would have required two separate failures to account for it not returning. If power loss occurred then it will have crashed very close to the marked point. Is it possible that it was found by someone else in the past few days?

I was thinking it was possible the signal had been lost due to too many objects/interference in between the RC and AC and then before it could reconnect but after it had traveled some distance toward home something went wrong that caused it to crash or land.

It seems highly unlikely anyone else would have been that far out in a muddy field walking around in the last few days...it was very unpleasant and quite a workout just trying to get out into the general area from the road. I didn't really see any other man or vehicle tracks in the mud, just deer. It did snow very shortly after it disappeared and there were still isolated clumps of snow withing the search area yesterday. It's possible it could be under a little pile of snow, I simply couldn't check every inch of snow in the area.

It is much warmer today and we don't have any rain forecast for the next few days so I will probably be able to search a little easier over the next few days.

Reactions: RodPad

The farmer plowed the field
The farmer now owns a M2Z
His dog owns an M2Z
Someone on the forum now owns an M2Z

I went out again and searched a wide area around and between last known and projected crash sites with no luck.

I did pull the dat file from the phone I was using with the controller along with the video that was recording when it disappeared. The dat file doesn't seem like it shows anything unusual to my untrained eye and the video looks like it was recording from right about where the thing disappeared.

This is likely not the last time I will be out in that field looking.

I went out again and searched a wide area around and between last known and projected crash sites with no luck.

I did pull the dat file from the phone I was using with the controller along with the video that was recording when it disappeared. The dat file doesn't seem like it shows anything unusual to my untrained eye and the video looks like it was recording from right about where the thing disappeared.

This is likely not the last time I will be out in that field looking.

Did you inspect the DAT event stream for any indications of other problems?

Without knowing what I was looking for specifically I didn't see any anomalies anywhere that caught my eye. There were a few things in the log area that I'm not sure if they are significant or not.

Yikes! My recent MPP crash popped the battery out.

I have a 3d printed clasp, that clamps the battery down, and wraps around the frame. It’s too cumbersome to remove & swap batteries.

I may start using it.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw