keeps happening

any ideas

mavic is brand new

iPhone is also relatively new

pic attached

help please !!?

edmund

upload_2018-9-10_14-18-5.png

check your cable. It's best to use the cable you got with your iPhone 8+ to connect to your remote. The mini-usb on the left side of the controller is somewhat dodgy. The usb connector in the middle of the controller is more stable.

I've been battling these issues for months. There are many variables and no single root cause. Even the message "Aircraft Disconnected" can mean multiple different things. As you have discovered, at times the app will tell you the aircraft is disconnected yet you still have full control of it using your remote controller.

Any of the following can cause that message:

1) An app crash
2) A fault in the USB cable/connection
3) The remote controller crashing/freezing up
4) An actual loss of signal/interference between the RC and the aircraft

In cases where the aircraft can still be controlled form the RC, it's most likely cause is 1 or 2. Try restarting the app and/or disconnecting/reconnecting the USB cable.

For a while I flew using the larger USB port in the bottom center of the RC, but it didn't eliminate the problem for me so I went back to the standard (side) cable.

I've been battling these issues for months. There are many variables and no single root cause. Even the message "Aircraft Disconnected" can mean multiple different things. As you have discovered, at times the app will tell you the aircraft is disconnected yet you still have full control of it using your remote controller.

Any of the following can cause that message:

1) An app crash
2) A fault in the USB cable/connection
3) The remote controller crashing/freezing up
4) An actual loss of signal/interference between the RC and the aircraft

In cases where the aircraft can still be controlled form the RC, it's most likely cause is 1 or 2. Try restarting the app and/or disconnecting/reconnecting the USB cable.

For a while I flew using the larger USB port in the bottom center of the RC, but it didn't eliminate the problem for me so I went back to the standard (side) cable.

thanks

yes I still have control of the drone

and take it to land reboot app and its all fine

but then again

your thinking maybe try a new cable ?

have u resolved it , did u try mavic support

many thanks

e

check your cable. It's best to use the cable you got with your iPhone 8+ to connect to your remote. The mini-usb on the left side of the controller is somewhat dodgy. The usb connector in the middle of the controller is more stable.
thanks ill try that

So it’s more than likely a cable thing ? Was thinking of trying a different phone

You may have success if you fly in airplane mode with WiFi off. You can cache maps before take off if need be. There do seem to be more reports of this issue and I have suffered it myself. I traced mine to an Android update happening in the background being downloaded over 4G. A deletion of the app and reinstallation may also be worth a try. Be sure to have home point clearly updated and in the system prior to launch - it will still work if the aircraft is disconnected.

You may have success if you fly in airplane mode with WiFi off. You can cache maps before take off if need be. There do seem to be more reports of this issue and I have suffered it myself. I traced mine to an Android update happening in the background being downloaded over 4G. A deletion of the app and reinstallation may also be worth a try. Be sure to have home point clearly updated and in the system prior to launch - it will still work if the aircraft is disconnected.
WiFi is off but I also suspected I had too many apps running so deleted a load and still dicks me around

Is this a known problem ?

There may be other causes, but the red "Aircraft Disconnected" notice is what appears when you unplug the cable to the RC. Try your data cable that came with your iPhone (make sure to unplug the cable from the side of the RC).

WiFi is off but I also suspected I had too many apps running so deleted a load and still dicks me around

Is this a known problem ?
Many here have had it, including myself so yes, it’s known to the mavic community. Whether it’s so prevalent as to be an issue I’m not sure. I would definitely try without 4G and delete/reinstall the app. A soft reset on the phone wouldn’t harm. Good idea to delete running/surplus apps. In my personal experience, the connection between the phone and the transmitter can be poor/intermittent particularly at the lightning end. The odd square thing that is supposed to support the cable can be safely removed, which allows you to ensure the lightning is fully home. Some say that the mini usb can be a bit iffy but I’ve found mine OK (still needs to be in though!). There’s bags of experience on here and others may have other ideas, but if you’ve done all of the above and it still disconnects, it’s probably a back to the shop job.

There may be other causes, but the red "Aircraft Disconnected" notice is what appears when you unplug the cable to the RC. Try your data cable that came with your iPhone (make sure to unplug the cable from the side of the RC).
Ok

Many here have had it, including myself so yes, it’s known to the mavic community. Whether it’s so prevalent as to be an issue I’m not sure. I would definitely try without 4G and delete/reinstall the app. A soft reset on the phone wouldn’t harm. Good idea to delete running/surplus apps. In my personal experience, the connection between the phone and the transmitter can be poor/intermittent particularly at the lightning end. The odd square thing that is supposed to support the cable can be safely removed, which allows you to ensure the lightning is fully home. Some say that the mini usb can be a bit iffy but I’ve found mine OK (still needs to be in though!). There’s bags of experience on here and others may have other ideas, but if you’ve done all of the above and it still disconnects, it’s probably a back to the shop job.

Interesting about 4 g

So your suggesting truring of data toggle ?

Maybe the blue tooth / WiFi functions too

That’s good advise I’ll try that

As well as the new cable I bought

Thanks
Shouldn’t happen tbh

E

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members