DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro distance

kevin_welch7

Reactions
Has anyone gone over a mile away from them? I've gotten about half a mile then it tells me "weak signal" and it won't let me go farther. Anyone else have the same problem?
Anyone have advice on how to arrange the antenna to have a stronger signal.

Has anyone gone over a mile away from them? I've gotten about half a mile then it tells me "weak signal" and it won't let me go farther. Anyone else have the same problem?
Point the straight up while flying. I've pushed 2 miles on a windy day.

People have gone a lot further than that. You need line of sight to the Mavic.

My brother has gone 3.1 miles (4.9 k) from Windy Point to Thimble Peak in the Catalina mountain range near Tucson, AZ... of course this is near optimal conditions - perfect line of sight and away from town. At that point I do believe he did lose connection and it initiated RTH... trying to find the video he posted...

Last edited:
Here it is... ... although this is a compilation video you can see him going over Thimble Peak at 1:45 in this video he posted here on this forum some time ago:
Nice Cactus Jack
I was doing my flying a little south of Phoenix over Indian ground. 25,000 ft ended up a little short of battery at the end. I think I can correct than. I had the dome over the camera which is 8 gr. and I did not need to climb so high. next time no dome cover and stay at 100 ft up.

Where are you flying from?
City and lots of people?
Cell phone towers, wifi and such?

Nice Cactus Jack
I was doing my flying a little south of Phoenix over Indian ground. 25,000 ft ended up a little short of battery at the end. I think I can correct than. I had the dome over the camera which is 8 gr. and I did not need to climb so high. next time no dome cover and stay at 100 ft up.

You didn't have to land at 10%. If ýou push up on elevator you can keep going. Just keep it low and be ready to land below 5%.

You didn't have to land at 10%. If ýou push up on elevator you can keep going. Just keep it low and be ready to land below 5%.
That was my first long range with the Mavic and I did not want to push it . I've landed with 5 % with my p3a. The weird thing was it hovering for a few minutes before landing. I take it it thought the ground was there because it was at 0 height. But it was still 7 ft up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S