DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro / DJI GO 4 / iPad Mini 4

Dave-in-Elland

Reactions
I’ve been gifted an iPad Mini 4 and was wondering how well this would work with a Mavic Pro please? I’ve read many threads on here regarding the iPad mini series but have to admit to being somewhat confused. I THINK the consensus is that whilst the 4 is good for the Mavic Pro and the DJI GO4 app it doesn’t have the power needed for the FLY app. Have I understood correctly or am I off the mark please?

Thanks in advance!

With what you have, you should be ok. I’m not a fly app fan, so best I don’t slam it anymore than I already have.
With the mini4, use it in airplane mode and kill anything running in the background.

With what you have, you should be ok. I’m not a fly app fan, so best I don’t slam it anymore than I already have.
With the mini4, use it in airplane mode and kill anything running in the background.
Thank you!

I don’t plan on using the mini4 for anything else so have deleted most of the apps already.

Thanks for the tip re airplane mode - I use this mode on my phone when flying to prevent calls etc but wouldn’t have thought to do it on the mini4.

Appreciate your help - thank you

Reactions: Starz
I’ve been gifted an iPad Mini 4 and was wondering how well this would work with a Mavic Pro please? I’ve read many threads on here regarding the iPad mini series but have to admit to being somewhat confused. I THINK the consensus is that whilst the 4 is good for the Mavic Pro and the DJI GO4 app it doesn’t have the power needed for the FLY app. Have I understood correctly or am I off the mark please?

Thanks in advance!
I have a Mavic 2 Pro and an iPad Mini 4, and they work fine.

The iPad isn't running the latest version of iOS, so if you have the option of not updating the OS I'd suggest keeping it at an older version.

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and an iPad Mini 4, and they work fine.

The iPad isn't running the latest version of iOS, so if you have the option of not updating the OS I'd suggest keeping it at an older version.
Cheers Robert, I believe it was updated just before I got it (to save me a job 😁) so it’s running the latest. However, I usually turn off auto updates as a matter of course preferring to wait for the major bugs in any new version to be ironed out. Appreciate your help.

That’s my current set up. I’ve kept everything up to date and it works great. I like having the larger screen.
That’s great to hear. I’ve solely used my phone for the last five years so the mini is going to seem a lot bigger in comparison I suspect. Fingers crossed I can get out with it this week to try it out! Thanks for your input

Cheers Robert, I believe it was updated just before I got it (to save me a job 😁) so it’s running the latest. However, I usually turn off auto updates as a matter of course preferring to wait for the major bugs in any new version to be ironed out. Appreciate your help.
Definitely turn off auto-updates.

Years ago I didn't know they were even a thing and hadn't done that, and overnight it autoupdated DJIGo with a version that wanted a firmware update for the drone too, and I didn't realize until I was on location 2 hours from an internet connection with a drone that wouldn't take off. (I'd even checked everything the night before to ensure it was up-to-date and functional, too.)

Lesson learned — I don't update until I know I have time to complete the update and have time deal with any problems.

Definitely turn off auto-updates.

Years ago I didn't know they were even a thing and hadn't done that, and overnight it autoupdated DJIGo with a version that wanted a firmware update for the drone too, and I didn't realize until I was on location 2 hours from an internet connection with a drone that wouldn't take off. (I'd even checked everything the night before to ensure it was up-to-date and functional, too.)

Lesson learned — I don't update until I know I have time to complete the update and have time deal with any problems.
I’ve had similar with my phone in the past and didn’t realise until stood by the side of a loch with great light - frustrating doesn’t begin to cover it 😀

Thanks in advance!
The problem that I have verified on several occasions and with various drone models is that unfortunately the iPad Mini 4 or earlier does not work well with DJI FLY App, with DJI Go4 they work great. For now all recent versions after 1.4.1 of the Dji Fly app are too heavy for iPad Mini 4. Conclusion use iPhone or Android for DJI Fly at the moment.

Reactions: Dave-in-Elland
The problem that I have verified on several occasions and with various drone models is that unfortunately the iPad Mini 4 or earlier does not work well with DJI FLY App, with DJI Go4 they work great. For now all recent versions after 1.4.1 of the Dji Fly app are too heavy for iPad Mini 4. Conclusion use iPhone or Android for DJI Fly at the moment.
Thank you … and nicely clarified. That was the conclusion I was drawing but was getting confused by some conflicting comments. I can use this mini4 with my Mavic Pro and continue using the iPhone for my Air 2s. Much appreciated - thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr