DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro DJI Go App Disconnect [SOLVED]

CliffordSh

Reactions
Hi, my first post here[emoji4]

I have got the Mavic Pro. No crashes yet (Thankfully).
From yesterday I'm witnessing a bizzare problem. When I was completing a video shoot at about 15 minutes into the flight, the DJI Go 4 app suddenly said 'Aircraft disconnected' in red.
THANKFULLY, the aircraft was in Line of Sight (I fly out of LOS sometimes[emoji14] ) and while I was busy figuring out what to do, I noticed that the RC was still connected to the A/C. I checked the cable and re-plugged it. Nothing. Then I raised the altitude to about 380 feet to avoid hitting obstacles just in case (Using R/C it worked perfectly fine). I disconnected the R/C and restarted it. Then, everything was fine again. The feed was live once again. I quickly landed the drone.
Since then, I tried to follow all your advices. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, about 5-6 flights were absolutely normal. But the issue started once again. I changed the cables, I started using the bottom usb port, nothing really helps.

Here are some infos :

DJI Mavic Pro
Device : Samsung Galaxy Note 8
App : DJI GO 4
Version : V.4.2.20
No physical damages on drone
No physical damages on controller

After spending about €1500 for the mavic including fly more, this behavior is really unexpected. I thought she would be much more reliable.

Although, unfortunately, I don't have any proper logs or recordings of the event, if necessary, I'll try to recreate the problem and record the logs and videos.

Still a temporary assist would REALLY help.

Thank you very much[emoji2]

Edit : For all those who are wondering, I managed to permanently tackle the issue.

I stopped using the Micro USB Port (Used for charging the RC) & started using the USB Port.
I bought a 2A USB Cable specifically for this device, and I upgraded my phone to Samsung Galaxy Note 9

After all this & a couple of firmware updates, this issue is almost non existent.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Problem? DJI GO 4 App disconnects during flight

Was unit in a crash? No, Never

What have you tried so far? Reinstalling the app

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung Galaxy Note 8

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? V.1.04.0200

What Go app version are you using? V.4.2.200

Any modification? (if so what) No.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) Nothing particular. I tried Airmap sometime back but uninstalled it

Do you have a video of the problem? (if so post link) Unfortunately, no.

Good news is the app can disconnect but you still have full control of the drone. If you are in VLOS you can fly home, outside of that you can hit RTH on the controller. The key is you were able to see that you still had the RC connection. I love the fact that the Mavic Pro series gives you the small display on the controller, which at least gives you basic info, (GPS, Distance, height etc). The Phantom has none of that.

When I have had this happen, I.e. app disconnects. I will:

1. Make sure I still have RC connection, and take my hands off the sticks and hover.
2. Close the app/reopen it, and see if that reconnects.
3. Pull the USB cable from controller and reconnect. Also I have stopped
Using the micro port on the controller, and instead use the standard
USB port on the bottom
4. Power cycle my iPhone, iPad, depending on how much time I have
Left on my Mavic battery. If I am under 30%, I will hit RTH on the
Controller and see if the device will reconnect as it gets closer.

Since I moved to the full size USB cable and plug into the bottom port, I have pretty much stopped getting the app issues. Unless I mistakenly close the DJIgo4 app while in flight. That can cause problems also.

Paul Caldwell

Reactions: Timbo~SYD
FWIW, I've started experiencing similar, repeatable "Aircraft Disconnect" problems with my brand new MPP, however in my case the RC does *not* continue to work independent of DJI Go 4.

I've captured a narrated video of the latest incident of this, and will make a separate post on this forum with that.

Reactions: CliffordSh
How are you getting the drone back with a total disconnect. Does it go ahead and do a RTH?

As it gets close do you regain connection?

Paul C

Hi @Paul2660, I believe your question is to me vs. OP.

Shortly after "Aircraft Disconnected", RTH invokes and the MPP attempts to land. In one prior and yesterday's incident, obstacle detection stopped the landing sequence a few feet above the ground.

I'll address full details in my next main post. On Saturday, I also described in more detail on another thread here: DJI Go aircraft disconnected

...When I was completing a video shoot at about 15 minutes into the flight, the DJI Go 4 app suddenly said 'Aircraft disconnected' in red...
I have read about similar disconnects that were caused by the SD card getting full. I wouldn't think the two would be related but, who knows? That problem may have been corrected several revisions ago but is worth looking into.

Glad you kept you cool and got it back.

Reactions: Timbo~SYD
Then that's probably not the problem.

FWIW, I have had multiple instances where the app reports some flavor of "Disconnected." My latest working theory is that there is a problem with the USB cable and/or the USB jack on the left side of the controller, so for a few weeks now I have been using the USB jack on the bottom of the controller along with a cable that came with my Samsung phone. Since making this switch I have not had a single disconnect issue. Not gonna claim victory just yet but I am cautiously optimistic. :)

ETA: my theory has just been debunked. This afternoon I experienced an "Aircraft Disconnected" incident while using the Samsung cable, so clearly that's not my issue.

Last edited:
I am normally quick to jump on the "an update caused the problem" bandwagon, but you stated that the problem is "repeated, increasing" so now I am thinking that perhaps the RAM on your Samsung is filling up. See if you can clean the cache and delete any un-needed files.

Good news is the app can disconnect but you still have full control of the drone. If you are in VLOS you can fly home, outside of that you can hit RTH on the controller. The key is you were able to see that you still had the RC connection. I love the fact that the Mavic Pro series gives you the small display on the controller, which at least gives you basic info, (GPS, Distance, height etc). The Phantom has none of that.

When I have had this happen, I.e. app disconnects. I will:

1. Make sure I still have RC connection, and take my hands off the sticks and hover.
2. Close the app/reopen it, and see if that reconnects.
3. Pull the USB cable from controller and reconnect. Also I have stopped
Using the micro port on the controller, and instead use the standard
USB port on the bottom
4. Power cycle my iPhone, iPad, depending on how much time I have
Left on my Mavic battery. If I am under 30%, I will hit RTH on the
Controller and see if the device will reconnect as it gets closer.

Since I moved to the full size USB cable and plug into the bottom port, I have pretty much stopped getting the app issues. Unless I mistakenly close the DJIgo4 app while in flight. That can cause problems also.

Paul Caldwell
The worst part is that the RC behavior is odd. Attempting to climb sometimes triggers forward movement when app is disconnected. No idea why! Anyways, restarting the app doesn't help at all. I've tried both ports with multiple cables. No issues with cables. Didn't try power cycling my phone yet..Will try and let you know. You won't believe me, but the RTH doesn't work. I don't know why, but nothing happens when I press it on the remote. The RTH button works fine when the app is connected. The ONLY thing that works till now is rebooting the controller. Although that triggers RTH, it relieves you as the video feed is live again.
Thanks[emoji4]

I have read about similar disconnects that were caused by the SD card getting full. I wouldn't think the two would be related but, who knows? That problem may have been corrected several revisions ago but is worth looking into.

Glad you kept you cool and got it back.
I don't think so...[emoji16]
I use an extreme san disk 64gb sd card with about 16GB remaining.
Do you face similar issues?

Thanks[emoji4]

FWIW, I have had multiple instances where the app reports some flavor of "Disconnected." My latest working theory is that there is a problem with the USB cable and/or the USB jack on the left side of the controller, so for a few weeks now I have been using the USB jack on the bottom of the controller along with a cable that came with my Samsung phone. Since making this switch I have not had a single disconnect issue. Not gonna claim victory just yet but I am cautiously optimistic. :)

ETA: my theory has just been debunked. This afternoon I experienced an "Aircraft Disconnected" incident while using the Samsung cable, so clearly that's not my issue.
I don't think so. Are you using Android or iOS? My friend using iOS doesn't have ANY problems. Only with the android app.[emoji20]

@CliffordSh, fyi I *may* have made some progress on my RC disconnects problem, after refreshing my MPP firmware yesterday with the DJI Assistant desktop app, followed by an hour+ online chat with DJI Support today, who directed me to relink the RC, and perform IMU calibration.

Subsequently, I had three long, fully connected flights, with some of my greatest durations, altitudes, and distances so far. And, I used the RC microUSB side port with DJI flat cable, didn't have my smartphone in airplane mode, and was wearing my smartwatch with Wifi, BT, and cell radios enabled (i.e. possible interference source right next to the RC).

Still need to do a lot more flying to get my confidence back, but these are positive signs after four RC disconnections in a row prior to today.

For all those who are wondering, I managed to permanently tackle the issue.

I stopped using the Micro USB Port (Used for charging the RC) & started using the USB Port.
I bought a 2A USB Cable specifically for this device, and I upgraded my phone to Samsung Galaxy Note 9[emoji14]

After all this & a couple of firmware updates, this issue is almost non existent.

Thank you :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54