DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Drifting\Not flying straight

If stick input is suspected (either miscalibration or slight human input), you can play back your flight with stick view on. It will then show stick value. Anything non-zero means the RC detected stick input in that direction.
thank you, checked that, there were maybe couple of 0,5 sec microscopic movements, not really significant for the whole flight I think.
Any drift should be subtle, not "like crazy". Perhaps you should post a flight log for analysis.
I do agree, I will do some more testings tomorrow and post it if the issues persists.

Any new results? I have had the same issues since the beginning without finding a fix. Some calibrations seem to make it better one day, but the next day it's back..

Any new results? I have had the same issues since the beginning without finding a fix. Some calibrations seem to make it better one day, but the next day it's back..
Hi! Honestly, not at all, I tried couple more calibrations, compass and gimbal degaus, also tried to show it to several "experts" in authorised repairs at my location - no effect. Experts were saying this it is OK, but I know that it is not. But...so far I gave up.

i think it is to do with the IMU in how it controls the ESCs the only way the mav will fly in any direction is the constant speed change between the 4 props,these changes are going on all the time when the mav is flying there seems to be a delay between the GPS sensors and the IMU which put slightly more thrust on the left of the mav viewed from behind have you ever changed the props positions around or are they the same as when the mav was new, try that it shouldnt make any difference but nothing ventured nothing gained one more thing to try set up the mav for an IMU calibration but have it tilted slightly lower on the left looking from behind do the calibration and see what happens maybe the slight tilt will recenter the balance point of the mav i am only saying a couple of degrees out of level let me know if anything works
Omm

Thanks you two for replying. I'm not sure IMU is the reason since for my Mavic : the drift doesn't appear every flight (most flights but not all), the camera is also drifting slowly to a side and sometimes stops at an angle (not facing straight ahead). On top of that I've had other errors such as gimbal reset mid flight, wheel error, compass error, huge drift when braking... it's really frustrating and it makes it really hard to trust the Mavic. I'm now afraid to fly it above houses, water or anything that could cause damage to my mavic or others. It's a shame, I didn't have any issue with my previous Spark, other than a short range. I've also looked on forums for HOURS and many people have the same problems I just described on their mavics but no one has a fix, just to send it back.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks you two for replying. I'm not sure IMU is the reason since for my Mavic : the drift doesn't appear every flight (most flights but not all), the camera is also drifting slowly to a side and sometimes stops at an angle (not facing straight ahead). On top of that I've had other errors such as gimbal reset mid flight, wheel error, compass error, huge drift when braking... it's really frustrating and it makes it really hard to trust the Mavic. I'm now afraid to fly it above houses, water or anything that could cause damage to my mavic or others. It's a shame, I didn't have any issue with my previous Spark, other than a short range. I've also looked on forums for HOURS and many people have the same problems I just described on their mavics but no one has a fix, just to send it back.
guess you had a bad one from the start its a shame because they are great flyers i must have been lucky and got a good one mine is the MPP they seem to have ironed out all the issues with the platinum over the standard pro see if DJI will do some sort of deal on an upgrade

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark