DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Edited Solar Eclipse

It's a lot better than we got here!:( We had two dusk to dawn lights flicker for about 3 seconds,and that was it!:rolleyes:

I like the shots you got of the city lights being turned on. On the critical side, consider adding music or sound next time, & edit out the beginning out-of-focus segment. There will always, always be little errors like that when you shoot. I make them all the time! But editing them out is something that should happen. I noticed your color was different. Did you use a filter? In this type of shot in low light, filters, in my opinion, shouldn't be used. Overall, an awesome video.

All that being said, I ended up making two videos of the Solar Eclipse. One, was a rush to get it out while everyone was thinking about it. The next one was a more critical approach on editing and what I really wanted as far as background sound (a healthy excited crowd).

1. More lame, but quick to publish... 539 YouTube Hits

2. Better, but belated on publishing... 66 YouTube Hits

Sometimes it is indeed better to be quick with publishing if your goal is the number of views!

I use Filmora as an editor, music is by YouTube free (including Crickets for Sound Effects), with no filters on the Mavic Camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: enodog
I like the shots you got of the city lights being turned on. On the critical side, consider adding music or sound next time, & edit out the beginning out-of-focus segment. There will always, always be little errors like that when you shoot. I make them all the time! But editing them out is something that should happen. I noticed your color was different. Did you use a filter? In this type of shot in low light, filters, in my opinion, shouldn't be used. Overall, an awesome video.

All that being said, I ended up making two videos of the Solar Eclipse. One, was a rush to get it out while everyone was thinking about it. The next one was a more critical approach on editing and what I really wanted as far as background sound (a healthy excited crowd).

1. More lame, but quick to publish... 539 YouTube Hits

2. Better, but belated on publishing... 66 YouTube Hits

Sometimes it is indeed better to be quick with publishing if your goal is the number of views!

I use Filmora as an editor, music is by YouTube free (including Crickets for Sound Effects), with no filters on the Mavic Camera.
Thanks a ton! Yeah the editing was rushed for me and iTunes was being a pain (as usual). Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: MoonstruckView
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake