DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Firmware Issues

Reactions
Hi
Have a Mavic Pro with version V01.04.0400 and having problem upgrading to V01.04.0500. Am trying to upgrade firmware using dji assistant 2 v1.25 for Windows. Get as far as 44% and then get error 0x020104. Have tried multiple times with SD card in and out and also tried to upgrade with the app but update fails every time.
I now have a drone and RC on
V01.04.0400 and now have camera problems as well as connection issues. Camera wont take pictures or videos so I'm nervous about flying the drone in case anything else is wrong. Am also getting error below on RC

Any ideas ??
Thanks
Brian

Yes do not fly until you get the issue sorted out - I always upgrade that stuff with my mobile device - but as suggested you will need to downgrade via assistant I believe and then try an update using your mobile device - something is not jiving !!

Hi

Using DJI Assistant 2 I downgraded first the drone from V01.04.0400 to V01.04.0300 which is the version I was on before this whole mess started. The drone downgrade completed successfully

I then disconnected the drone and connected the RC and repeated the same procedure to downgrade it from V01.04.0400 to V01.04.0300. That completed successfully as shown below:

I then powered on, drone + RC and connected to DJI Go 4 App on iPhone. I did get a camera image initially but then got message “No Image Transmission Signal” as shown below:

The camera picture/video shutter buttons don’t work, and I still have error message “Air Encoder Error (0x800000)
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Brian

Attachments

• img1.png
    img1.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 23
Connect to your mobile device (assuming it has a network connection) u use when flying and then upgrade to the latest firmware then bind to the rc I found need be. If this doesn’t work there’s is no issue issue somewhere

That update option in the screen should do it - just seeing that now.

If you read my original post, you'll see that I could not upgrade to the latest version using either the app on mobile device or using dji assistant. Reading in a lot of other posts that "
Air Encoder Error (0x800000)"
may relate to a physical problem with the connector cable for the gimble but I've had no accidents with the drone so strange if its now developed a physical issue due to normal use.

Use dumbldor to flash new firmware.
*Do not use Assistant.
Turn on and let your bird boot up(yellow lights flashing” then plug into your pc. Then open dumbldor. Click load firmware top left, pick your .bin file then hit the top right button Flash firmware. Then flash it one more time. Should be good to go, but you will have to re calibrate the compass at least. Also settings will be reset so make sure to check all your RTH settings and sensors. Gain sensitivity as well.

Use dumbldor to flash new firmware.
Do not use Assistant.
Turn on and let your bird boot up(yellow lights flashing” then plug into your pc. Then open dumbldor. Click load firmware top left, pick your .bin file then hit the top right button Flash firmware. Then flash it one more time. Should be good to go, but you will have to re calibrate the compass at least. Also settings will be reset so make sure to check all your RTH settings and sensors. Gain sensitivity as well.

Thanks for that. Had a look at dumbldor and it appears to be more of a tool to help people downgrade to other firmware versions when dji assistant fails. However I have successfully downgraded to
V01.04.0300 and I'm still getting the encode error.​
Not sure whether the error is related to a physical fault or whether its a byproduct of having a failed attempt to upgrade to firmware versions
V01.04.0500.
It states in the
V01.04.0500 notes that you cant downgrade from it so wondering if the update "bricked" the drone. I still might give
dumbldor a chance and use it to downgrade to see if it changes anything.

Thanks for that. Had a look at dumbldor and it appears to be more of a tool to help people downgrade to other firmware versions when dji assistant fails. However I have successfully downgraded to
V01.04.0300 and I'm still getting the encode error.

Not sure whether the error is related to a physical fault or whether its a byproduct of having a failed attempt to upgrade to firmware versions
V01.04.0500.

It states in the
V01.04.0500 notes that you cant downgrade from it so wondering if the update "bricked" the drone. I still might give

dumbldor a chance and use it to downgrade to see if it changes anything.
You can downgrade or upgrade or flash mixed versions

I'm on version
V01.04.0300 and it appears
dumbldor dosent have any later version than that. Version V01.04.0500 was the one that screwed up the mavic but dumblfor doesent have that version. Still not sure whether its a firmware issue or a physical hardware issue so may decide to return for repair to dji.

Take a 'Sir Harrington', and maybe you'll think of something

edit: Stop using your mobile to do it. Use a PC (if you dont have one you should not have a drone)
And use the DJI cable that came in the box.
You can downgrade from 1.04.0500 to 1.03.1000 in steps. Duml if you wish to go down further.

Last edited:
Lastly you may need to relink your controller to your bird after flashing it

I did use a PC (see original post where I mention using DJI assistant on Windows). I have used both the mobile and PC to perform firmware upgrade to V1.04.0500 but both failed. Reseller from which I bought the drone has agreed to take it back and sort it out so I'll leave it in their hands. It appears from a number of forums as well as some youtube videos that the gimble cable is quite fragile and is prone to failure and causes Air Encoder Error (0x800000) ...so will let reseller sort it out.
Thanks

the gimbal cable is only fragile if you crash your drone.
Or sit on on your mavic without the protector or something
In that instance it's the first thing to go.
Then the board likely, then metal bends

You may be right. Either way, the drone has gone back to DJI so I'll let them sort it out and then feed back as to whether it was a firmware or hardware issue.
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98