DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO FIRMWARE QUESTIONS

sorcerer13

Reactions
Greetings pilots!!
I'm dusting off my Mavic Pro to fly again this year. I haven't upgraded the firmware on the drone for awhile. It's still on 01.03.0400, but both my iPhone 12 and iPad mini 4 are up to date with the latest iOS versions. The DJI GO 4 apps are also both up to the latest 4.3.46 -
My question is can I still fly with these configurations or will I be grounded ?? I have been reading that the Mavic Pro is have compatibility issues with updated apps and devices. I don't know what will happen if I start flying and need advice before I take off. Also, is there other apps that work well with my drone's firmware? Thanks in advance.

My question is can I still fly with these configurations or will I be grounded ??
If it flew normally in the past it would still fly normally now.
You would get a notification that new firmware is available, but that can be ignored.
If you have auto-updating enabled in your phone or tablet settings, the update would be done automatically.

Ok,great. So basically you’re saying that I should go into the DJI GO4 app and disable the the auto update for drone firmware ?

Ok,great. So basically you’re saying that I should go into the DJI GO4 app and disable the the auto update for drone firmware ?
It's not a setting in the app ... it's a setting for your phone or tablet that handles all apps.

Yes, I do have it off now. Will the DJI GO app force me to upgrade the drone in order to fly?

Research any updates prior to clicking that button.
If it was doing fine before, and you were happy with the results, leave it alone. Read the release notes on the newer firmware versions to see if there was something added that you feel you would like to have. Release notes may NOT have explained everything that has been included and you could be installing something that you won’t be happy with.

Most M1P updates in the recent couple of years seems to be to restrict any security (hacking) opportunities, and to stop the ability to roll back to previous versions.

It probably won't bother you either way if you just intend to fly legally as most pilots do.
On the latest firmware, you can certainly still go BVLOS if you wish, or up to 500m ATOP (above take off point), in whatever specific circumstances you find yourself on a flight.

I'm in the same boat with the MP1 and an iPhone13. I can get the DJI app to work fine on my old iPhone XS but it does not have cell service. Is it still cool to fly the drone with it?

I'm in the same boat with the MP1 and an iPhone13. I can get the DJI app to work fine on my old iPhone XS but it does not have cell service. Is it still cool to fly the drone with it?
It will work just fine.
You don't need cell service to fly, you are just using the phone to run/view the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan