DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Firmware Upgrade

Well, I'm still on .400 because every later version screws up streaming video on my Android phone, regardless of which version of the app. It's weird.

Reactions: MavicPro
Remember all these FW issues are blown out of proportion.. the people on this site are a very small minority of all Mavic owners (and are typically more technically inclined/demanding than the general population... although... nvm) plus not a lot of people will take the time to report that things work as they should, a lot more will go and report issues when they occur - which is perfectly fine and logical but it skews the overall view of how many issues there actually are with any product.

Of course I have no hard data to support my assumptions but I would not be surprised if for every ".400 till death do us part" there were 50 people running the latest FW (whatever it is) without any issues.. you just don't hear from them. Ages ago when I worked at a helpdesk of a large ISP I couldn't understand how is the company even staying in business when every single customer who calls us is having issues.. until you realize that those who are perfectly happy have no reason to call you or to go on a forum and worry about FW versions..

And just to be clear - I'm not saying the problems are made up, just saying they are not a good representation of the overall situation and the chances that your Mavic will work perfectly fine with the latest fw.. just like mine does.
Well said. Thank you. I am currently updating to newest firmware now ;)
533fe2019927277a5a19b6b10d0673f7.jpg

Well, I'm still on .400 because every later version screws up streaming video on my Android phone, regardless of which version of the app. It's weird.
Hmmmm. That is strange. What android phone are you using?

Strange thing. I just updated to .0700 from dji assistant 2. It still prompts me to update on dji go 4 home screen. If I go into dji go 4 and check the firmware version it says I'm on .0700 version for aircraft, but .0600 version for RC .
Why is this?

Strange thing. I just updated to .0700 from dji assistant 2. It still prompts me to update on dji go 4 home screen. If I go into dji go 4 and check the firmware version it says I'm on .0700 version for aircraft, but .0600 version for RC .
Why is this?
The RC didn't get updated. Why? Who knows? That's a very tough one to figure out after the fact.

Hook the RC up to you PC and update it with Assistant 2.

And just to be clear - I'm not saying the problems are made up, just saying they are not a good representation of the overall situation and the chances that your Mavic will work perfectly fine with the latest fw.. just like mine does.

The only problem with this argument Plawa is that many people like myself did upgrade, flew the drone and found out we had problems we never had before.

My two big issues have always been the same. The first one has been observed by numerous people. After .400 something changes with the power output or the sensitivity of the Mavic.
When I fly with .400 I get a very slow and even drop in signal as I go out further and further out. Flying the same path with .500 and .550 I found the signal just dropped like a brick as soon as I reached 2/3rds of the distance. It dropped so fast that I could not even try to gain altitude, the drone just lost signal, hovered and started an RTH.

Second issue is the ever increasing size of the NFZ database. There is no denying that this file is getting bigger and bigger with each update.

Rob

Reactions: tony56shooter
I'm having problems updating my firmware. Been all over the net and this topic gets beaten to death.

My current firmware is:

App Version 4.1.0

Aircraft Version 01.03 0400

Remote Controller Version 01.03.0700

App Database Version 00.00.01.04

I'm following all the instructions as I understand them.

I get a message "Inconsistent Firmware Found" "Incompatibility between some modules and the device. Continue update?" "Slide to Update"

I have tried upgrading through the app on my android S8+, the app on my iPad, the app on my windows 10 Microsoft SurfaceBook.

Same results.

The final is about 73%-76% complete and after a reboot. I get the Update Failed Message.

Any suggestions ??

i am on latest app and 0600 all is well right now.

many like 400 and i don't blame them for staying with what they know works for them.

If you change from 400 you will not be able to go back and 0550 was not great for me.

It is not about who has what, it is about finding the FW that works best for the Mavic you have.

really that is if you are happy and stable and everything is ok and you do not want the enhanced features stay where you are.

If you want the extra features or have problems with 400 then try the upgrade (i would miss 0550 and use 0600 or 0700).

Just take it out and fly it and ask yourself is it flying ok and am i happy with it as it is.

then you have your answer
Hello all ...I am new to the Mavic Pro ....it's flying great .....how and where do I look to find out what FW I a using ?

If you use the a PC get DJI assistant 2. Follow the install instructions and connect the Mavic with a USB cable. When the Mavic connects it will show what firmware. Or, there are three Dots on the phone app in the upper right corner. Touch those then scroll down to about.

Hello all ...I am new to the Mavic Pro ....it's flying great .....how and where do I look to find out what FW I a using ?
You can find out in DJI assistant 2 on your PC when you connect the Mavic it will tell you what FW you are on and when you plug in the RC it will tell you the same for that as well.
It will also tel, you what updates are available
Alternatively i believe you can find out in the DJI go app itself but i have never needed to look that way.

Reactions: Vilco
If you use the a PC get DJI assistant 2. Follow the install instructions and connect the Mavic with a USB cable. When the Mavic connects it will show what firmware. Or, there are three Dots on the phone app in the upper right corner. Touch those then scroll down to about.
beat me too it lol

Without starting another argument over which is best. I had problems with Android but since switching to apple the Go4 App has run fine. It would be interesting to see how many of the failures are attributed to the tablet platform rather than the fw upgrade.

Thank you. I just updated RC firmware to match that or aircraft. 0700

How is it unstable? The reports I've read are either caused by a bad flash or an issue with Go4/phone/tablet which is unrelated to any firmware.

When I upgraded, it said ok complete, but the first power up I knew it was no good. So I reflashed and it's been golden.

There's a whole lot of complaining that it's DJIs fault that you can't follow directions, or it's DJIs fault that your phone that runs Go4 is crap.

Folk need to remember there are literally THOUSANDS of variables that are out of DJIs control...and that this is an RC hobby. Not everything is turn on and work flawlessly ala iPhone. You need to put some effort into it too.

Their firmware is not without "issues", however it is nowhere near as bad as the crybabies say.

I have 40 flights on 700. I also monitor each flight with healthy drones. Not one issue yet. GPS..compass...everything ok. Im holding my breath when i say this but getting more confident each time i go out that its rock solid.

The only problem with this argument Plawa is that many people like myself did upgrade, flew the drone and found out we had problems we never had before.

My two big issues have always been the same. The first one has been observed by numerous people. After .400 something changes with the power output or the sensitivity of the Mavic.
When I fly with .400 I get a very slow and even drop in signal as I go out further and further out. Flying the same path with .500 and .550 I found the signal just dropped like a brick as soon as I reached 2/3rds of the distance. It dropped so fast that I could not even try to gain altitude, the drone just lost signal, hovered and started an RTH.

Second issue is the ever increasing size of the NFZ database. There is no denying that this file is getting bigger and bigger with each update.

Rob

Rob, how far do you go out? I run about 900 feet and a few times to 1300 feet to see what the signal strength will be. They stay full bars and i use healthy drones so i look over each flight. They all come back in green. I would like to try your flight path and see what it does. I do fly a lot at 200 feet.
Also, i have read over the months on how you help our members. I appreciate your time you take to help them out. We are lucky to have so many like you, that help....

How is it unstable? The reports I've read are either caused by a bad flash or an issue with Go4/phone/tablet which is unrelated to any firmware.

When I upgraded, it said ok complete, but the first power up I knew it was no good. So I reflashed and it's been golden.

There's a whole lot of complaining that it's DJIs fault that you can't follow directions, or it's DJIs fault that your phone that runs Go4 is crap.

Folk need to remember there are literally THOUSANDS of variables that are out of DJIs control...and that this is an RC hobby. Not everything is turn on and work flawlessly ala iPhone. You need to put some effort into it too.

Their firmware is not without "issues", however it is nowhere near as bad as the crybabies say.
I couldn't agree more , I find the latest firmware the best , most stable , like 4.00 ...I've had zero issues not related to ton of EMF in my area which I can't blame on app or firmware.

I have 4.07 and no nags to change or update firmware. Wonder why? All seems to be flying fine on short trips.

Reactions: MavicPro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d