DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro first flight

SH59

Reactions
Hello All,

Had the Mavic Pro for over a week now, but just took it out for its first test flight today. I spent the past week reading the forums, and familiarizing myself with the DJI Go 4 software, the "do's and don'ts" and general operation of the rig. Felt like it was ready for some air time to see if I remembered anything I read.

WOW....what a blast this thing is to fly!! Only ran one pack through it, but I still have a big grin on my face. Thumbswayup:D

Once I become more skilled, I will take it out of "noob" mode and explore some of the more advanced controls, and settings. Didn't take any videos or pictures yet. I felt it was more important to concentrate on maneuvering and handling until I got used to it. The videos will come later.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum ... Sounds like you are tackling learning to fly the Mavic the right way.
Don't forget that your user manual is a great reference, and if you build a list of questions by reading it - you can then get those questions answered on this forum, and on YouTube by enthusiastic pilots willing to share their experience.
Manual - here ... DJI Mavic Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI
Loads of tutorial video's here ... DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
Have fun and fly safe ...

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy!

You had me reliving the days, months actually, that I spent learning and experimenting with each mode until I was comfortable... and the sheer joy and enthusiasm I experienced when I first flew it out of beginner mode!

Welcome! Lots of great info on the forum to help you along!

Love the Mavic 2Pro, but could not believe for what I paid for this, that they couldn't send full page manuals, talking about ruining your eyesight. Finally went to their Web site and downloaded the manual in PDF files. Guess that's what they wanted us to do.

Love the Mavic 2Pro, but could not believe for what I paid for this, that they couldn't send full page manuals, talking about ruining your eyesight. Finally went to their Web site and downloaded the manual in PDF files. Guess that's what they wanted us to do.
Yeop, DJI stopped sending paper manuals after the P3. All manuals are now online.
Definitely easier to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Bartley
Hello All,

Had the Mavic Pro for over a week now, but just took it out for its first test flight today. I spent the past week reading the forums, and familiarizing myself with the DJI Go 4 software, the "do's and don'ts" and general operation of the rig. Felt like it was ready for some air time to see if I remembered anything I read.

WOW....what a blast this thing is to fly!! Only ran one pack through it, but I still have a big grin on my face. Thumbswayup:D

Once I become more skilled, I will take it out of "noob" mode and explore some of the more advanced controls, and settings. Didn't take any videos or pictures yet. I felt it was more important to concentrate on maneuvering and handling until I got used to it. The videos will come later.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, I love mine, Fly safe and have fun!

Since your learning just start the video before you lift off and watch the video once you land . It is amazing, almost like your in the seat flying a little space ship .
So sorry I am hooked on FPV

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate it. Nice weekend coming up so I hope to get out and run several packs through it. I have several 1/10 surface vehicles that can pass the time while the battery charges. :) Only have the one right now. And a good idea on the camera too. Will try that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes