DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro flying at half normal speed.

Reverup

Reactions
Just re-joined the forum (newly retired) so I hope it is the right protocol to just jump in.

My pro has suddenly jumped to a half speed max, down from 30 mph.
I have checked all my settings, inspected the motors and props, and updated the software to 01.04.0500. No change.
Any suggestions? I would like to fix it myself if possible, just not sure where to begin.

Can we take a look at one of your flight logs so we can see what you're describing? If so, please upload one of those TXT files here and post the link back here.

Just re-joined the forum (newly retired) so I hope it is the right protocol to just jump in.

My pro has suddenly jumped to a half speed max, down from 30 mph.
I have checked all my settings, inspected the motors and props, and updated the software to 01.04.0500. No change.
Any suggestions? I would like to fix it myself if possible, just not sure where to begin.

Is this in P-GPS mode or Sport mode? 15mph is a typical max speed in P-GPS mode.

Also, your Mavic isn’t limited my speed it’s limited by the tilt angle of the aircraft, more tilt greater speed. However if you are flying into a head wind this will cause the Mavic to reach its full tilt angle at a lower speed then it would without the wind.

If it possible it was just windly the day you were flying?

Can we take a look at one of your flight logs so we can see what you're describing? If so, please upload one of those TXT files here and post the link back here.
I have been trying to get the file off the drone using Assistant 2. Any suggestions?

I have been trying to get the file off the drone using Assistant 2. Any suggestions?

In Assistant 2 there is a menu called “flight data” click on that and open the data analyzer thing.

Assistant 2 will put the Mavic into SD card mode and you will now see the drone as a new directory on your computer kinda like if you insert a thumb drive. On a Mac it will be visible on your desktop on PC go to your file explorer and you’ll see the Mavic.

Open the folder and a recent .dat file that is large in size(bigger size file = more information=more helpful)

Move that file to your desktop or some other folder that is part of your computer. If the file is large enough it may need to be too large to upload to the forum directly so you need to upload it to a folder in google drive or Dropbox and get a sharable link you can post to the forum

Reactions: Slade
In Assistant 2 there is a menu called “flight data” click on that and open the data analyzer thing.

Assistant 2 will put the Mavic into SD card mode and you will now see the drone as a new directory on your computer kinda like if you insert a thumb drive. On a Mac it will be visible on your desktop on PC go to your file explorer and you’ll see the Mavic.

Open the folder and a recent .dat file that is large in size(bigger size file = more information=more helpful)

Move that file to your desktop or some other folder that is part of your computer. If the file is large enough it may need to be too large to upload to the forum directly so you need to upload it to a folder in google drive or Dropbox and get a sharable link you can post to the forum
Thanks Brett for responding. When I hit the flight data in Assistant 2 I get a box that reads "Open Data Viewer". When I hit that it opens "Viewer" (build v.1092). The viewer is blank. If I hit the file icon I get the directory of DJI Assistant 2. I cannot find any directory on the windows organizer. Stumped again.

Is this in P-GPS mode or Sport mode? 15mph is a typical max speed in P-GPS mode.

Also, your Mavic isn’t limited my speed it’s limited by the tilt angle of the aircraft, more tilt greater speed. However if you are flying into a head wind this will cause the Mavic to reach its full tilt angle at a lower speed then it would without the wind.

If it possible it was just windly the day you were flying?
Yes it was a windy day, however, the speed has always been 30 mph P-GPS mode... slower into the wind and faster flying WITH the wind. Max speed is 44 mph in sport mode.

Thanks Brett for responding. When I hit the flight data in Assistant 2 I get a box that reads "Open Data Viewer". When I hit that it opens "Viewer" (build v.1092). The viewer is blank. If I hit the file icon I get the directory of DJI Assistant 2. I cannot find any directory on the windows organizer. Stumped again.

Close data viewer when it comes up that thing is worthless. When I just hit the "enter data view" button in Assistant 2 it brought up the directory automatically 68915

Yes it was a windy day, however, the speed has always been 30 mph P-GPS mode... slower into the wind and faster flying WITH the wind. Max speed is 44 mph in sport mode.
Close data viewer when it comes up that thing is worthless. When I just hit the "enter data view" button in Assistant 2 it brought up the directory automatically View attachment 68915
I get this from Assistant 2. I do not see "enter data view". see attachment20190409_145746.jpg20190409_145746.jpg

This doesn't need the aircraft log file. Just follow the instructions in the link in post #2.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

If your Mavic is only getting to 15 mph, that is not a typical max speed (unless you have obstacle avoidance enabled and are flying against a strong headwind).
It should be able to achieve double that speed.

Reactions: Thomas B
If your Mavic is only getting to 15 mph, that is not a typical max speed (unless you have obstacle avoidance enabled and are flying against a strong headwind).
It should be able to achieve double that speed.

Yea that’s what I was thinking too. Hey @Reverup do you have the front OA sensors on? 15mph is normal for P-GPS mode with the sensors but if you turn them off in the app I could see getting up to 30mph. Having the sensors on will also increase the effect of the wind on your speed because the flight controller limits the amount of tilt availible to the user by about half.

I usually just switch to sport mode if I want to go that quickly rather than having to go in a turn off the sensors but maybe that’s what you are remembering? Updating the firmware will have likely reset this setting

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52