DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro for Xmas... :-)

javelina

Reactions
Hola group,

I'm hoping to be a new Mavic Pilot soon. I've asked Wifey-Santa to get me a Mavic Pro, (via Costco).

My Wife and I do a lot of off-roading here in Arizona. Love to take our Jeep out on many of the trails, to picnic and enjoy the beautiful sites. So I'm hoping to use the drone for taking some awesome pictures.

I do have plenty of remote flight experience, having a whole "fleet" of R/C aircraft. Second, I'm pretty good with managing most all things technical.

I have both an iPhone 6s Plus, and an iPad Pro (2016). Figured I'd use the 6s Plus with this setup. If Android is better, I have a couple Samsung tablets too...

Just wondering if I'm heading down the right path. Would appreciate any feedback, and/or cautionary insight.

kind regards,

-Jav

I've read too many issues with android devices, I'd stick with iOS.

Merry Christmas !

Reactions: Madman44k
@javelina, if you decide to use an Android device, check out my guide for installing DJI GO on Android device here.

Reactions: samper and Dw911
thanks gents, I'll try it out with iOS. Would be cool to get a setup with my iPad Pro (having the 9.7" display). :)

Hola group,

I'm hoping to be a new Mavic Pilot soon. I've asked Wifey-Santa to get me a Mavic Pro, (via Costco).

My Wife and I do a lot of off-roading here in Arizona. Love to take our Jeep out on many of the trails, to picnic and enjoy the beautiful sites. So I'm hoping to use the drone for taking some awesome pictures.

I do have plenty of remote flight experience, having a whole "fleet" of R/C aircraft. Second, I'm pretty good with managing most all things technical.

I have both an iPhone 6s Plus, and an iPad Pro (2016). Figured I'd use the 6s Plus with this setup. If Android is better, I have a couple Samsung tablets too...

Just wondering if I'm heading down the right path. Would appreciate any feedback, and/or cautionary insight.

kind regards,

-Jav
You'll have a boatload of fun with it in the desert! One thought, though, if your MP doesn't come with v01.04.0100 FW don't get antsy and update it past v01.04.0000. You'll thank us later when you get further into the "all things technical" parts later. :)

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Welcome and congratulations! Resist the temptation to try some tracking modes with your jeep unless it is in a flat desert, at least until you get familiar with how it works. Many a Mavic has flown into a hill while doing this.

Welcome and congratulations! Resist the temptation to try some tracking modes with your jeep unless it is in a flat desert, at least until you get familiar with how it works. Many a Mavic has flown into a hill while doing this.

Oh man, I'd be afraid to try this... :) but thanks for the heads up.

You'll have a boatload of fun with it in the desert! One thought, though, if your MP doesn't come with v01.04.0100 FW don't get antsy and update it past v01.04.0000. You'll thank us later when you get further into the "all things technical" parts later. :)

thanks for the tip. I'm doing some further research here and will do my utmost to learn as much as possible before my maiden flight. :)

May I ask for clarification about what to do if my MP does not come with v01.04.0100?
Looks like my poor English level does not allow me to figure out what to do in the end..

You meant install at least v01.04.0000 ?

May I ask for clarification about what to do if my MP does not come with v01.04.0100?
Looks like my poor English level does not allow me to figure out what to do in the end..

You meant install at least v01.04.0000 ?
No, just don't go past v01.04.0000 to v01.04.0100. You'll be stuck being unable to downgrade later.

Hola group,

kind regards,

-Jav

I would look else where, the Costco deal is not the best

No, just don't go past v01.04.0000 to v01.04.0100. You'll be stuck being unable to downgrade later.
****... I'm afraid the store where we bought them with my dad (him a P4P) probably updated them before packing for sell (they also repair them,)

Just do not "update" anything, yet. First check out the AC and see how it handles for you (in begginer mode) I would only update if there is a new feature "I just have to have".......
I'm still on .400 for the AC, as I haven't seen any features "that I just have to have".....

thanks gents, I'll try it out with iOS. Would be cool to get a setup with my iPad Pro (having the 9.7" display). :)

I’m in Arizona also, I use a iPad Pro and love it for flying I just made up my own board to use it with

Attachments

• 93CAA9F9-264F-4543-A235-74ADE5F66C41.jpeg
    93CAA9F9-264F-4543-A235-74ADE5F66C41.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 23
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones