DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro gimbal ribbon problems

TelCom9

Reactions
Is it common for the Gimbal ribbon to get damaged then you have a gimbal motor overload warning that will not stop and the gimbal will not function? My Gimbal will not turn sideways at start up then overload warning. I haven’t flown it much for a while then this problem showed up. Dji had me do a firmware update that did nothing. I’ve had it for a year and a half and refresh is expired.

Is it common for the Gimbal ribbon to get damaged then you have a gimbal motor overload warning that will not stop and the gimbal will not function? My Gimbal will not turn sideways at start up then overload warning. I haven’t flown it much for a while then this problem showed up. Dji had me do a firmware update that did nothing. I’ve had it for a year and a half and refresh is expired.
Yea pretty common issue. Basically the first permanently installed part that goes bad with just normal wear and tear. Fairly difficult repair unless you have experience repairing electronics so probably better just to get it replaced by a pro or you can just replace the gimbal (not the camera) which brings the difficulty level down substantially.

Reactions: TelCom9
I’ve repaired mine twice. First time was from hitting the side of my house and fell 4 feet . The second time I had did a update and it took so long to do . After I had restarted the Mavic is when it had gimbal over load pop up . The gimbal got so hot it would burn my fingers. I replaced it (Ribbon)and it’s been good for over a year. I’m sure it will fail again.

I’ve repaired mine twice. First time was from hitting the side of my house and fell 4 feet . The second time I had did a update and it took so long to do . After I had restarted the Mavic is when it had gimbal over load pop up . The gimbal got so hot it would burn my fingers. I replaced it (Ribbon)and it’s been good for over a year. I’m sure it will fail again.
Did you buy cheap ribbon from eBay of did you get original from DJI?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure