DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro gimbal shake problem

tonnitommi

Reactions
Hi!

My Mavic Pro (purchased May 2017) gimbal has started to shake and randomly move midflight, making any real filming or photography very hard. Looking for other users experiences about this, is it just that I need to replace the whole gimbal unit, or can I get away with something cheaper?

Drone has been crashed once, 1.5yrs ago and after crash no weird behaviour appeared, until now much later. All firmware is up to date, everything is calibrated multiple times. Also got rid of platinum props and went back to originals.

Usually the drone flies normally for the first few minutes, and then the problems start appearing. I have posted a link to video showing the problem very clearly. This also happens when the drone is hovering, so it should not be (only) related to sudden movements.

See video here:
2019_01_12_15_44_14.mp4

Any help is much appreciated!
tommi.

Hover the Mavic Pro at head-height and have a close look at the body of the drone to see if it has a noticeable 'vibration' movement either in pitch or yaw. It sounds like you have some legacy damage that's upset the feedback circuits that keep the drone stable. Due to the way that the camera Gimbal is suspended on 'rubber-bands' it feels the vibration and goes into a sympathetic dance! There are two things you can check. First is that the gimbal is suspended correctly:

Then if that is OK - I'd suggest you [Carefully!] carry out an adjustment to the 'Gain' settings - as per this:

This is a long-winded viddeo, but only because it's explaining the problem very well and completely!

Reactions: Mr Marv
Hover the Mavic Pro at head-height and have a close look at the body of the drone to see if it has a noticeable 'vibration' movement either in pitch or yaw. It sounds like you have some legacy damage that's upset the feedback circuits that keep the drone stable. Due to the way that the camera Gimbal is suspended on 'rubber-bands' it feels the vibration and goes into a sympathetic dance! There are two things you can check. First is that the gimbal is suspended correctly:

Then if that is OK - I'd suggest you [Carefully!] carry out an adjustment to the 'Gain' settings - as per this:

This is a long-winded viddeo, but only because it's explaining the problem very well and completely!
Nicely explained for us yokels. Thanks again..

I'm having this issue on a Pro Platinum that came in for repair. The Error comes up upon Start-Up, then goes away & returns with any gimbal movement, Rinse & Repeat. This is all happening BEFORE the Props are engaged and the drone is sitting on the floor. Here's what I've done in the order they were done:
1. Replaced the Vibration Board - Result - No Change
2. Replace the gimbal motor assy - Result - No Change
3. Replace the Gimbal Control Board - Result - No Change
4. Replaced the entire Gimbal Assembly with a "Known Good" Gimbal Assembly - Result - No Change
5. Re-Flashed Firmware, Restorted Factory Settings & Re-Calibrated the New Gimbal Assy. - Result - No Change

So I'm BEYOND my knowledge on the next step. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

I'm having this issue on a Pro Platinum that came in for repair. The Error comes up upon Start-Up, then goes away & returns with any gimbal movement, Rinse & Repeat. This is all happening BEFORE the Props are engaged and the drone is sitting on the floor. Here's what I've done in the order they were done:
1. Replaced the Vibration Board - Result - No Change
2. Replace the gimbal motor assy - Result - No Change
3. Replace the Gimbal Control Board - Result - No Change
4. Replaced the entire Gimbal Assembly with a "Known Good" Gimbal Assembly - Result - No Change
5. Re-Flashed Firmware, Restorted Factory Settings & Re-Calibrated the New Gimbal Assy. - Result - No Change

So I'm BEYOND my knowledge on the next step. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Wow, a litany of confusion from that, no props and still the gimbal jumps ?

I think if you can go through that process again, get the flight TXT and DAT off the phone / device and aircraft as needed, then post them up for one or more of the analytical people here to peruse, they might see some sort of motor anomaly, or wrong info being sent to motors from a flight control board.

Wow, a litany of confusion from that, no props and still the gimbal jumps ?

I think if you can go through that process again, get the flight TXT and DAT off the phone / device and aircraft as needed, then post them up for one or more of the analytical people here to peruse, they might see some sort of motor anomaly, or wrong info being sent to motors from a flight control board.
Unfortunately I'm using an iPad mini2 and I know nothing about Apple products or where to look.
Also, this is happening with the motors off. 🤔

Unfortunately I'm using an iPad mini2 and I know nothing about Apple products or where to look.
Also, this is happening with the motors off. 🤔

Just turned on, wow, never heard of such a thing.
Obviously something very wrong, but gimbal motor replacement etc should have solved.
Wonder if the FC somehow sends bad data that could make that happen ?

The flight logs if you wanted to try it (records when aircraft turned on I think ???) then get the TXT / DAT like advised here, go to phantomhelp page, upload TXT, get report URL and post here.
OR, just post the TXT and DAT.

Section 3 . . .

Sorry for the long delay, my wife had surgery, been a little busy...
So here's a video with the props OFF: M1X - Google Drive
And here's the DAT file for that video (attached)
Thanks for your help...:)

SOLVED!!
UPDATE: So, just for Sh#t's & Giggles, I decided to try one of the NEW Gimbal Motor Assy's I just got. I installed one along with a NEW Gimbal Control Board and Vibraton board. THE SHAKING IS GONE! CRAZY!!?? :oops:o_O:)

Attachments

• 22-09-04-11-31-03_FLY063.DAT
    456.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member