DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro gimbal with Polar Pro filter problem

kisto

Reactions
Hi, i have a mavic pro for about a month when i put for my first time the neewer filter then my gimbal makes some crazy things for a minute when i m was on flight! so...i was thought that it may was heavy i sell it and i bought polar pro cinema series (gold) and again yesterday when i m was flighting sudenly the gimbal makes the same things. has anyone any idea what i doing wrong?
with polar pro

with neewer

Are you getting any warnings or errors? (like Abnormal Gimbal Vibration?)

I have a Polar Pro filter and only had an issue the first time I put it on. I did not have it pressed firmly on the lens until it clicked.

In any case, your video looks exactly like what I was seeing yesterday, but it was because my gimbal bracket had come out from underneath the small black hook which restricts downward movement. I had the same drift as you do, but I also was getting vibration errors. As the filter fits pretty tight, I can see you pulling the bracket out from underneath the hook if you were man-handling taking that filter on and off. You have to pull pretty hard, as you've found out.

I have seen the gimbal reset in flight when the mavic was closing one file on the sd card and opening another. It would happen about every 10 flights. I found another thread on here that said it was tied to a difference in file management systems on sd cards over 32 gb. I switched from a 64 gb card to the 32 and it never happened again.

Reactions: kisto and dorubrad
I bought higher end filters and the gimbal locked up, the clearance between the gimbal and the fuselage apparently was so tight that a filter on slightly askew blocked free movement. Even after removing and reattaching the filter to where it would move freely it still acted strangely at times.

I always make sure first to put on the gimbal lock when installing a filter. Secondly, once I get the filter what looks like it is on the gimbal as evenly as I can without pushing to hard, I just rotate it slightly and it has gone on every time for me. Just thoughts.

Are you getting any warnings or errors? (like Abnormal Gimbal Vibration?)

I have a Polar Pro filter and only had an issue the first time I put it on. I did not have it pressed firmly on the lens until it clicked.

In any case, your video looks exactly like what I was seeing yesterday, but it was because my gimbal bracket had come out from underneath the small black hook which restricts downward movement. I had the same drift as you do, but I also was getting vibration errors. As the filter fits pretty tight, I can see you pulling the bracket out from underneath the hook if you were man-handling taking that filter on and off. You have to pull pretty hard, as you've found out.
No i havent getting any error warnings and the gimbal bracket seems ok. I tryed to make a full gimbal calibration with the nd 16 on and i m was flying with my 3 batteries plus 4k video almost all the time without any problem... i dont now if this happen again..

I have seen the gimbal reset in flight when the mavic was closing one file on the sd card and opening another. It would happen about every 10 flights. I found another thread on here that said it was tied to a difference in file management systems on sd cards over 32 gb. I switched from a 64 gb card to the 32 and it never happened again.
thanks!! for your answer is very possible to happen because i have installed 64 gb card on my mavic..and this problem happens on my 48 flights.. 5 times. if gimbal calibration with the filter on , is not enough to fix this problem i ll change the record resollution from 4k to 1080p (because tells me that the high resol makes the gimbal hot and then is reseting, but i have never see any error message about camera or gimbal..) if insist i ll change my sd card to 32gb..BUT it is not clear what did you mean..about files.. Finally i find on youtube a post with the same problem and tells that is a firmware bug..

Last edited:
i ve done gimbal calibrations with the polar filter up on, and after some flights my gimbal is doing the same crazy things.. This time i ll try to fly without use any filter in order to see if the filter is the problem or something else...i ll continue to take video on 4k, if the problem insist i ll change my sd card, I ll asked a technician here and tells a sollution : is to turn on the mavic without filter and then to install it.. and when i was to take it off i have to turn off..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe