DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro gymbal issues

Eagle247

Reactions
Problem? Gymbal sending error reports, gymbal overloaded and gymbal shake error. Gymbal will not calibrate or move l.

Was unit in a crash? Yes

What have you tried so far? Dried it once and have put it in rice

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Newest

What Go app version are you using? Newest

Any modification?
(if so what) it's stock

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Was filming snowboarders and flying it from my hand because of the snow. Changed batteries and went to take off again but on start up a blade hit my finger and I dropped it into the snow camera first. I cleaned out all the snow and water with a cloth. I then took off and it came up with gymbal shake error so I went to land it again. Before the drone landed the gymbal went back to normal so I flew it on one more short run before putting it away. On arriving home I unpacked it and looked around the gymbal to check for water. There was one or two small droplets so I removed them and started it up to see if it was still working. It flew fine but was getting gymbal shake error followed by gymbal overloaded the camera is working but the gymbal control does nothing however the gybol moves from side to side and up and down without me controlling it which is strange. tried a gymbal calibration in the vague hope that this would do something but it got 31% in before failing. I have now put it in rice in the hopes that will sort it out. Anyone had anything similar or got any tips as to what I should do next?

Reactions: Former Member
You may need to send it in for repair or for the camera to be changed out. I hope you are able to fix it easily and am sorry to hear about your small accident.

Seems to have sorted itself now gymbal is fine but I will continue to dry it out. Other than rice what shall I do?

Problem? Gymbal sending error reports, gymbal overloaded and gymbal shake error. Gymbal will not calibrate or move l.

Was unit in a crash? Yes

What have you tried so far? Dried it once and have put it in rice

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Newest

What Go app version are you using? Newest

Any modification? (if so what) it's stock

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Was filming snowboarders and flying it from my hand because of the snow. Changed batteries and went to take off again but on start up a blade hit my finger and I dropped it into the snow camera first. I cleaned out all the snow and water with a cloth. I then took off and it came up with gymbal shake error so I went to land it again. Before the drone landed the gymbal went back to normal so I flew it on one more short run before putting it away. On arriving home I unpacked it and looked around the gymbal to check for water. There was one or two small droplets so I removed them and started it up to see if it was still working. It flew fine but was getting gymbal shake error followed by gymbal overloaded the camera is working but the gymbal control does nothing however the gybol moves from side to side and up and down without me controlling it which is strange. tried a gymbal calibration in the vague hope that this would do something but it got 31% in before failing. I have now put it in rice in the hopes that will sort it out. Anyone had anything similar or got any tips as to what I should do next?
Check to see if the gimbal plate hasn't gotten on the wrong side of the small 1/4 inch clip at rear of gimbal plate the gimbal plate should be between this small clip and the chassis not on the outside of clip carefully push it forward and back under the clip my Mavic pro was doing same thing after making camera bubble impact with ground I found that the rubber suspension bands will let it travel forward and when it rebounds gimbal plate will get hung on outside of the clip causing this PS the clip I'm referencing is straight down where gimbal lock goes down into chassis

Check to see if the gimbal plate hasn't gotten on the wrong side of the small 1/4 inch clip at rear of gimbal plate the gimbal plate should be between this small clip and the chassis not on the outside of clip carefully push it forward and back under the clip my Mavic pro was doing same thing after making camera bubble impact with ground I found that the rubber suspension bands will let it travel forward and when it rebounds gimbal plate will get hung on outside of the clip causing this PS the clip I'm referencing is straight down where gimbal lock goes down into chassis
Also another hint to tell you that plate is hung on wrong side is that camera gimbal will appear to be hanging down to close to the bubble causing vibration and binding Hope this helps

sat it i rice for a week and flew it this evening. initially i thought it was ok however when i put it in sport and flew it faster the camera flopped so it was looking straight down i could still control the camera a small amount (i could look turn it downwards but it went further than 90 degrees and you could see behind the drone and it would come no higher than 45 degrees ) what do you think is the problem and what should i do? do you think i only have to change the ribbon connection or will i need to replace the whole unit?

I suppose its easier to place the rear gimbal plate under the anti-drop hook first, then place the front tabls under the front body. I'll try that. Thanks for the clear photos and help.

Had a small crash yesterday day , really don’t know what caused it, maybe mag interference, but after was getting a gimbal vibration error, after reading this thread i found that the gimbal plate came out of the rear hook . Works fine now. Thanks to all

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98