DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro hardware updates ?

SteveO

Reactions
Hi,

I have sold my P3A yesterday and I want to buy Mavic Pro now. It is a lot smaller to carry and I hope to get good videos like I did with P3A even though I read that camera could be better.

My question is, since I would also buy used drone with warranty, are thare any improvements on latest Mavics or they are all identical from the launch till today ? I mean only Mavic Pro, not this new model with better propellers.

Thanks

Hi,

I have sold my P3A yesterday and I want to buy Mavic Pro now. It is a lot smaller to carry and I hope to get good videos like I did with P3A even though I read that camera could be better.

My question is, since I would also buy used drone with warranty, are thare any improvements on latest Mavics or they are all identical from the launch till today ? I mean only Mavic Pro, not this new model with better propellers.

Thanks

I think the only difference would be firmware. Used drone may have older firmware. I think hardware is the same. I could be wrong though.

Hardware was changed mid April and some time between mid August and mid September

If looking to buy its best to get one manufactured between may and August

Pre April old camera
Post September no internal SD card

A fact sheet of these changes would be interesting to see.

Word to the wise, if your bird is acting happy, happy, happy, don't update it.
50/50 chance of messing the whole thing up. Not you messing it up, the update.......
I am still on .400, and zero issues......Don't need the little things/features they throw out as bait, only to have the AC hobbled by the update......Gimbal resets midflight, NFZ shutdowns, flight speed/distance limitations........

.400 4evar......

Word to the wise, if your bird is acting happy, happy, happy, don't update it.
50/50 chance of messing the whole thing up. Not you messing it up, the update.......
I am still on .400, and zero issues......Don't need the little things/features they throw out as bait, only to have the AC hobbled by the update......Gimbal resets midflight, NFZ shutdowns, flight speed/distance limitations........

.400 4evar......

WELCOME to the .400 CLUB!Thumbswayup

Hardware was changed mid April and some time between mid August and mid September

If looking to buy its best to get one manufactured between may and August

Pre April old camera
Post September no internal SD card

No SD card? That sucks bigtime

...I mean only Mavic Pro, not this new model with better propellers....
Whatever MP you get, the new quieter propellers will fit. I highly recommend them.

Whatever MP you get, the new quieter propellers will fit. I highly recommend them.

Some people have had a couple of issues with the new props. I tried them, and after about four flights, I started to pay attention, and noticed that my motors were running a weeee bit warmer. How much? Dunno, but when I used my cheek to check motor temps, they were noticably hotter, as I could not keep the motor touching my cheek. (No, not those cheeks!!!)

Went back to the stock props, and it seemed to "go back to nominal temps, I could hold the motors against my cheek and keep the motor touching.

So the "new" props went into the trash. Seems there is a dynamic between new esc's, and the new props, and the motors. I learned this when I built my heavy lift Tarot Hex, motors/esc/props are intertwined.....

I cut the following from DJI's web site this morning. Where did you get your SD information?

View attachment 27087

That's removeable SD card; Mavics before September used to also have an *internal* card for flight logs, it is missing from new Mavics, making firmware downgrade impossible without opening the case.

That's removeable SD card; Mavics before September used to also have an *internal* card for flight logs, it is missing from new Mavics, making firmware downgrade impossible without opening the case.
Oh, OK, thanks for the info.

Fw for new camera started with fw 01.03.0550, with fw 01.03.1000 they fixed 1080 60fps but not for the original camera

The internal SD card was only for flight logs until fw 01.03.1000 so now they don't fit it anymore which stops pre 01.03.1000 fw from working

I run 01.03.0400 & 01.04.0100

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
You can find the older revs of the AC firmware, and Go4 app on the interwebs. Look for "Digdat0" on you tube, you can go to almost any version/combo of firmwares.
Also, when/if you do an updates, do it with your pc hardwired to the net, using a LAN cable, not wifi, as the wifi in your home can be blown out/corrupted by the rf from the Mavic/controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson