DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro hardware updates ?

People quoting 50/50 chance of firmware update going bad, so I must be extremely lucky to have never had a firmware go bad and I always update and have owned almost every DJI drone.

Reactions: Daptone
People quoting 50/50 chance of firmware update going bad, so I must be extremely lucky to have never had a firmware go bad and I always update and have owned almost every DJI drone.

When I updated my original Mavic to the latest firmware it failed twice before it finally took. I've yet to do it through Assistant though.

Some people have had a couple of issues with the new props. I tried them, and after about four flights, I started to pay attention, and noticed that my motors were running a weeee bit warmer. How much? Dunno, but when I used my cheek to check motor temps, they were noticably hotter, as I could not keep the motor touching my cheek. (No, not those cheeks!!!)

Went back to the stock props, and it seemed to "go back to nominal temps, I could hold the motors against my cheek and keep the motor touching.

So the "new" props went into the trash. Seems there is a dynamic between new esc's, and the new props, and the motors. I learned this when I built my heavy lift Tarot Hex, motors/esc/props are intertwined.....
That's interesting. I have not tried the "cheek test" but I will check my motors after next flight. I like the new props because they are quieter.

I don't know if you are lucky or I am unlucky, but one update turned my house into a NFZ and another made my video feed unusable. I am guessing that 50/50 figure would change if all you folks that have had no problems would speak up.

I think that it is the nature of people to be quick to complain but slow to complement. I do not envy the DJI software engineers job of ensuring that every part of every update will work on every different combination of display devices and their operating systems. I just wish they would do more thorough testing before release.

Last edited:
I don't know if you are lucky or I am unlucky, but one update turned my house into a NFZ and another made my video feed unusable. I am guessing that 50/50 figure would change if all you folks that have had no problems would speak up.

I think that it is the nature of people to be quick to complain but slow to complement. I do not envy the DJI software engineers job of ensuring that every part of every update will work on every different combination of display devices and their operating systems. I just wish they would do more thorough testing before release.

Firmware or app (software)?

There seems to be several people saying firmware but describing software which confuses matters

I think I've had more issues than most when it comes to flashing firmware
I now keep a close eye on the process and have a fan cooling the mavic during the process
that's on 2 mavics (Jan & Jun builds) and tried on 2 win 10 machines

...one update turned my house into a NFZ and another made my video feed unusable...

Firmware or app (software)?

There seems to be several people saying firmware but describing software which confuses matters
Mine was software, Go 4, that updated itself in the background when I had my tablet connected to the internet. I have turned off auto-updating so the problem should not be repeated.

Yes, you can mix modules. Mine is with 305&306 modules from .900, the rest from 1.4.0000. No limits other than NFZs. RC and Goggles on stock 1.4.0000.

Is there a link on how to do this? I’m sure there is. Just asking if anyone has it off hand without having to do an entire scientific research through thousands of posts in this forum. Thanks in advance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson