DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro has knocked my confidence

GavieboyDji

Reactions
I getting my Mavic Pro back tomorrow from drone doctors after it dropping out of the sky from bad battery and it's really going to take time to put my confidence back into it.
Since that's been fixed I have being flying the little Spark like mad I have 5 batteries and I've made sure that I've flown it every day the spark has never let me down once it's been a fantastic drone, I can't believe I was once thinking of getting rid of this thing what was I thinking. Anyway I so can't wait to get my Mavic Pro back tomorrow. I'm leaving owning the Mavic Pro 2 for a year and sticking with the Mavic Pro 1 it's still a brilliant drone.

I've done 266 flights with the little dji Spark. Screenshot_20180902-234550.jpeg

I'm listening to what you say about your spark.
But please listen to me.
The Mavic pro need respect when flying because ...
......Yes ease of flight and that is when most get introuble
but it will set boundries when flying and if you do watch out for them it will bite you
First rule in mavic flying
Never fly with less then 20% battery.!!

Never fly in sports mode longer then your battery can Handle (see bounderies of mavic ) above /\
always set your RTH hight Higher then any building or tree's in your landing area
...if you RTH the decent will be mind nimbing slow
never back up inflight Lower then obsticals in your area (Tree's,Building, Ect,)
Never fly below 30 feet ontop of still water
never fly into sun set condition
always make sure forward sensor set to obstical advoidence RTH

......cR
( Removed Picture Because It may or may not follow Forum Guideline)... cR

Last edited:
Two different user screen shots. BOTH showing altitudes over 1600 feet. LOL!
I cant even imagine the tiny spark that high!
Anyway, push the limits, pay the price. That's how it will ultimately play out.

Two different user screen shots. BOTH showing altitudes over 1600 feet. LOL!
I cant even imagine the tiny spark that high!
Anyway, push the limits, pay the price. That's how it will ultimately play out.
It has to be Photoshoped
Cause there's noway I would fly out of VLOF or above the recommended flight height of H 500 ft
..............cR

It has to be Photoshoped
Cause there's noway I would fly out of VLOF or above the recommended flight height of H 500 ft
..............cR
You’d think that, but there are YouTube videos of hacked Mavics that climb to 3000m. Yes, meters. Takes all of the power it has to make it that far up. Operator let’s it free fall until 100m before re-engaging the motors and lands it safely. I had no words.

Tried flying it again last night I'm getting back there but I keep thinking it's going to happen again with it.
I know what it has done I'm more careful what my Mavic is flying over now before I've got to admit I was flying about everywhere with it. Which was totally nuts of me and stupid because knowing now how loud it was last time when it dropped out of the sky and hit the concrete God this thing could do a lot of damage if it happened again.
Anyway drone doctors has done a fantastic job fixing my Mavic Pro.

It has to be Photoshoped
..............cR
That total hight is wrong I've never taken the spark over 400 feet it's for some reason allway said that in meters I think that goes on total distance hight and back to agl.

It has to be Photoshoped
..............cR
Because I was flying to top of a building it could be as well.

What was going on with the battery?
Went below the 15per cent and it puffed up that much it disconnected from the Mavic about 60-70 foot up straight onto concrete right in front of me. Was my fault but was just the shock of it happening I couldn't believe how loud it was when it smashed onto the concrete car park I was Stood on.

Being flying the Mavic all night slowly getting better and more comfortable flying it again.

Just testing all directions only just got it back from Drone doctors I've calibrated everything after doing the new 500 firmware and everything seems fine. Screenshot_20180905-200528.jpeg

Reactions: Glennboy0987
Tried flying it again last night I'm getting back there but I keep thinking it's going to happen again with it.
I know what it has done I'm more careful what my Mavic is flying over now before I've got to admit I was flying about everywhere with it. Which was totally nuts of me and stupid because knowing now how loud it was last time when it dropped out of the sky and hit the concrete God this thing could do a lot of damage if it happened again.
Anyway drone doctors has done a fantastic job fixing my Mavic Pro.

That sound will stay with you for very long time.
I drop my mavic over a year ago and I could still hear it hitting the ground.!

With the help from Thunderdrones I repaired it and learned I have no right opening my bird
because of my tremors and poor sight I dodge a bullet that time.
Next time i will leave it to the guy who does it right ........thank rob
.......cR

That sound will stay with you for very long time.
I drop my mavic over a year ago and I could still hear it hitting the ground.!

With the help from Thunderdrones I repaired it and learned I have no right opening my bird
because of my tremors and poor sight I dodge a bullet that time.
Next time i will leave it to the guy who does it right ........thank rob
.......cR
Hey Rob, do you sell tshirts with the thunderdrones on it? I will not mind buy one from you!

I getting my Mavic Pro back tomorrow from drone doctors after it dropping out of the sky from bad battery and it's really going to take time to put my confidence back into it.
Since that's been fixed I have being flying the little Spark like mad I have 5 batteries and I've made sure that I've flown it every day the spark has never let me down once it's been a fantastic drone, I can't believe I was once thinking of getting rid of this thing what was I thinking. Anyway I so can't wait to get my Mavic Pro back tomorrow. I'm leaving owning the Mavic Pro 2 for a year and sticking with the Mavic Pro 1 it's still a brilliant drone.

I've done 266 flights with the little dji Spark. View attachment 45048
I had felt the same way about Mavic Pro until last Frmware update in July when I had a fly away and my Mavic landed in the water 1 mile from me and it would not reconnect ...So big 1 star for DJI for completely not taking responsibility...They would not look into any kin f

[snip]...
First rule in mavic flying

Never fly below 30 feet ontop of still water
Hi,
I'm new to the Mavic Pro. What's the reason for not flying low over water?
I've flown the Phantom 3 Standard a couple of feet over water before no problems.

Last edited:
Hi,
I've flown the Phantom 3 Standard a couple of feet over water before no problems.
Generally there's no problem, I've flown many times at inches above the surface. But don't use sports mode. Keep an eye on the altitude reading and take it slower than usual. The air pressure between the mavic and the surface is going to be lower than the surrounding pressure due to the venturi effect. The faster you fly the higher the effect. The low pressure sucks the mavic a couple of inches down. The same happens with a phantom, all phantoms, but due to a completely different airframe and the rotor blades a lot higher with the tall landing gear, a lot less.

Reactions: snoopx
Another puffed up battery issue. The mavic batteries dont seem to age well!

Hi,

never had an issue.....Ok one time (kinda) but just once I swear.....cR

.Per MP manual:
"Operate the aircraft with great caution when flying over water or transparent surfaces"
Flying above water

When flying over water, the downward sensors sometimes detect the ground when light bounces off the surface of the water and hits the downward sensors. That can occur at any altitude. If you have the Landing Protection setting enabled, that could cause your Mavic to auto ascend (when it thinks it's below 0.5 meters) or descend if forced landing mode is auto enabled (when the throttle is in the full down position and the Mavic is at/below 0.5 meters). To prevent those issues from occurring, you only need to disable the Landing Protection setting.

View attachment 10324
dji-go-landing-protection-jpg.10324

Last edited:
Reactions: snoopx
Flying over water isnt a problem UNTIL its a problem. Its always a risk.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin