DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro in Medellin, Colombia

Update- 07-09-2017 sorry to report no time to get out today to fly. I did just capture this as I got back to my Apartment but just with iphone.
aac9cab6387806c3caf634be19db9197.jpg

OOOOMG!! WHO are those suspicious lookin doods at the bottom of the picture!!!???[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] [emoji23][emoji23] ;-)

I've been to Medellin many times, and know quite a few ex-pats who have moved there. Great place.
The most beautiful Christmas city I've seen. They really do it up.
By the way, placing batteries in "underwear" with additional packing is not going to stop prying eyes on the way out.
Your bag will be searched as never before.
That's just the way it is.

The underware comment was just a joke. Of the many times I have been to Medellin only got pulled to the side once for the extra search of my bags. No worries tho , it's ok with me.

Going to detail my travels in and Around Medellin, Colombia With my Mavic Pro. Ask Questions if you like.
Day 1. 07-08-2017 Travelled to Medellin from Orlando. Batteries in my carry on (2) drained and in Lipo bags. Drone and accessories in my Doubi bag. Never got a single question or strange look leaving Orlando or Arriving in Medellin. Both were wrapped in my Underwear for added cushioning and deter prying eyes. Charging up all batteries and will be looking to post a second installment tomorrow when my batteries are charged up as well. This place gets windy in the late afternoons as it is in the mountains after all. I included a foto of my Doubi Mavick pro bag found on Amazon. Photo from back of my Apartment. Much more to come tomorrow.
 .jpg

f8572538d5585526160bd51aedb104be.jpg

Well finally got some time to fly tonight. Here is a short video and a few Photos . The video was edited on my iphone using the DJI App. EECEDCE68C6418A76A228A254DBB7121.jpg
93af534ca89544d1dbe06cc9cc5a9dda.jpg
4be465911f1a61b25f92165678319234.jpg

Oh, I don't know, maybe because of **** like this: Homicides in Medellin up 80% as turf wars threaten fragile peace

Or this: Fear returning to Colombia’s troubled tourist spot

Or this:
Colombia Travel Warning

Or this:
Lessons From a Murder in Medellin

Or this:
Are Medellin’s Crime Bosses After the Mayor?

I guess I'm just hostile to the great and peaceful city of Medellin. Just a hostile dummy. Just the dumb cop in me thinking with my head and experience.

But probably just because I'm "hostile". Silly me. Hey, I hear Somilia is beautiful this time of year! They love foreigners! Don't forget your drone!

You were right wayy510 , yesterday great pain was inflicted on me. Lost two teeth . But on a good note the third tooth only needed to be filled. Heck they even deep cleaned the rest and only cost me $175.00. I been down here many times for months at a time. The dumb cop in me (30 years ) tells me to be carefull and use some common sense and a few skills I learned along the way. I do appreciate your advise and links tho.

Reactions: wayy510
I'm not here for any of that business. Same folks can't just enjoy some Photos and Videos of a very Beautiful place.

Los Pepes use iPads now, Medellin is one of the most beautiful cities in Colombia, been going down to the land of Paisa for a few years, have many wonderful friends in Colombia and yes if one travels internationally one definitely needs to be a little more cautious and "No Dar papaya" this basically means don't give anyone the opportunity to take advantage of you.... I think that goes for anywhere on this earth....

Appreciate the photos and your sharing. Can't say I would feel comfortable in that area but everyone has their own comfort zone. Not sure I would personally advertise to anyone that you are in law enforcement while hobby flying over the "Agriculture Revenue" areas. While a few of the King pin players are now gone the powder revenue sector I'm certain is still alive and stronger than ever and Well protected. Shoot first, ask later is the farming slogan. Be safe, I will Live vicariously through your shared eyes.

I used to have dreams of marrying a Colombian woman like Sofia Vergara...

Medellin is a safer city to walk around in than a goodly number of U.S. cities. It's a big city; there are less than desireable areas in every big city, but Medellin is MUCH safer than it was 15 years ago. It's a beautiful place to visit, very friendly folks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM