DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro interference 44 secs and no rth

GavieboyDji

Reactions
I was flying about 2800 feet away from myself and my bird hit some massive interference and I had no signal screen went blank and even controller screen went blank all data just blank waiting stood there with my controller in the air looking like a plonker middle of a empty car Park 30 secs then 40 I started pressing rth button but nothing so I started walking towards where I was last on the screen over my mum's home so I new where it was so I started walking back towards it then all of a sudden I heard it flying towards me then it reconnected. I've had a look at the air data and it said 44 seconds I lost signal for. I always hover and make sure i have return to home and GPS locked in and the setting to rth when a.c. loses signal. Does anyone no why it took 44 seconds to start returning? Would the interference have caused that as well. Normally I just get a message saying there's interference I've never had the controller data and all data on screen just disappear like that. Screenshot_20180503-001653_Chrome.jpeg

Just letting you know the aircraft just returned on its own. It never worked on the controller when pressing holding it in either way the a.c. setting worked as it should of the a.c. did what it was set in settings to rth. I'm just trying to figure out why it took 44 seconds to reconnect and have all data back. Normally on my spark if that ever disconnects when it's flying back I always get back screen instantly when it's returning home. The Mavic was above me when it finally connected and zoomed past me because I was running to it's last position id seen above my mother's that I was recording before everything went blank.

You were flying over buildings. You probably hit a spot with some high wifi interference. Imagine a bubble over a building with strong signal interference. You flew around and behind it, so loss connection. It took 44s, cos there's high wind warning so it might be fighting wind on RTH, so took longer to fly home past that bubble before you regained connection.
I am just guessing. But avoid flying over/close to buildings.

Reactions: GavieboyDji
You were flying over buildings. You probably hit a spot with some high wifi interference. Imagine a bubble over a building with strong signal interference. You flew around and behind it, so loss connection. It took 44s, cos there's high wind warning so it might be fighting wind on RTH, so took longer to fly home past that bubble before you regained connection.
I am just guessing. But avoid flying over/close to buildings.
Yeah was thinking that 44 seconds doesn't sound long but when I was stood there and had no data I started jogging to the last picture above my mother's house before the screen went blank. Can I ask you GPS atti mode isn't like when it goes into attitudes mode on the spark the mavic is different?

Reactions: Sew

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian