DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Billyboy72

Reactions
Hello all I've had my MavicPro for just shy of a year. I live in an apartment complex which does have rather heavy wifi interference Ill admit. Lately tho it seems I a having issue with lagging between the MP and my iPad mini 2. I have flown here many times in Dif conditions of temps and weather like clouds and cool and sunny and warm to sunny and hot. Ive never seen this much issue where im scared to fly more than a few hundred feet. Also the video I rest the cam settings for and it defaulted to 2.7? It looked fine but I didn't understand why it went there so I did it again and again it went to 2.7. Has anyone seen lately more lagging like this. Thank you all in advance.

It could be interference; someone fired up a strong WiFi hot spot, but more likely a Go 4 update. See if you can roll back using Assistant to fix the problem. If that fixes it (and even if it doesn't) then turn off auto update on your iPad so you control when to change Go 4.

It could be interference; someone fired up a strong WiFi hot spot, but more likely a Go 4 update. See if you can roll back using Assistant to fix the problem. If that fixes it (and even if it doesn't) then turn off auto update on your iPad so you control when to change Go 4.
You can do that? Roll back on the Go4 app I mean?

Do you see lag when you are in less congested areas?
I haven't. The last time I went out over the area I live in I was near a school but felt as tho I could keep going forever. It just seems like every time I go up its something dif. I could believe the interference from this complex, everyone here uses the same internet co. Plus I happened to be standing right near the box with all the cables. The only shade I had. I do need to upgrade my ipad2 to a 4 at least if not a pro but its usually pretty good. This day I really didn't know what to think

It is also possible your iPad is getting congested. Try deleting un-needed files to make more RAM available.

This one has pretty much nothing on it bc its used for the mavic. I actually keep it off until I go flying. I should check that tho. Plus yesterday it did feel very hot

You can do that? Roll back on the Go4 app I mean?
I installed an older Go 4 version using DUMLdore but that was months ago. You can Google it or perhaps someone else can chime in.
This one has pretty much nothing on it bc its used for the mavic. I actually keep it off until I go flying. I should check that tho. Plus yesterday it did feel very hot
If you have caching turned on it can fill up your iPad. I am not an iExpert but I am guessing there is an app on it to clean it up. My Android has one.

I haven't. The last time I went out over the area I live in I was near a school but felt as tho I could keep going forever. It just seems like every time I go up its something dif. I could believe the interference from this complex, everyone here uses the same internet co. Plus I happened to be standing right near the box with all the cables. The only shade I had. I do need to upgrade my ipad2 to a 4 at least if not a pro but its usually pretty good. This day I really didn't know what to think

If you only experience lag in areas congested with Wifi, then you're dealing with interference. It's not the ISP or cables coming into the building, but all of the Wifi routers people are running. You could try manually setting the channel the Mavic is using, but that generally doesn't help much in heavily congested areas.

Reactions: The Bob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi