DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro & iPad

A1CMavic

Reactions
I recently ordered a used iPad Air 2 in hopes of flying it with my Mavic Pro. The iPad has the ability to have cell service, but no SIM card installed currently. Is it worth flying with the iPad or should I continue to fly with my iPhone XS Max? If I fly with the iPad, what problems (if any) might I expect to run into?

The iPad has the ability to have cell service, but no SIM card installed currently. Is it worth flying with the iPad or should I continue to fly with my iPhone XS Max?
Do you need to use features that require an Internet connection while flying? If so, using an Internet connected device would be a must-have. You could also set up a hotspot on your mobile phone and connect the tablet to that Wi-Fi network to share the Internet access.

To confirm - the air 2 is compatible with DJIGO4?

I have a 2nd gen iPad and sadly I found out that it's not compatible due to the processor in that iPad.

To confirm - the air 2 is compatible with DJIGO4?

I have a 2nd gen iPad and sadly I found out that it's not compatible due to the processor in that iPad.
An iPad 2 is a 32bit device and therefore not compatible with current GO4
iPad AIR 2 is a 64bit device and runs GO4.

An iPad 2 is a 32bit device and therefore not compatible with current GO4
iPad AIR 2 is a 64bit device and runs GO4.
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be picking up an air 2.

I was reading something on another forum about some pilots having issues with full screen usage using iPads in general. Is this accurate?

I'm more of a droid user so my knowledge base on apple is beginner at best.

I was reading something on another forum about some pilots having issues with full screen usage using iPads in general. Is this accurate?
It could be with iPad pros (3rd gen) that GO4 does not make use of the whole screen.
I am running an iPad Pro 2nd gen and GO4 uses the full screen.

You could also set up a hotspot on your mobile phone and connect the tablet to that Wi-Fi network to share the Internet access.
This is what I do. I turn on my iPhone's hotspot and connect my iPad Pro to it via Wi-Fi. Never had a problem.

No. Some of the new iPad Pro models have slightly different resolutions and Go4 isn't optimized for them, at least not yet. But even then there are only slight black bars on the sides of the screen. They still work just fine.

It could be with iPad pros (3rd gen) that GO4 does not make use of the whole screen.
I am running an iPad Pro 2nd gen and GO4 uses the full screen.
Okay - cool.

I've been looking for a bigger screen and something that I can use other than my phone as it's a pain to take the otterbox off and put it back on all the time lol

I appreciate your help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada