DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - Lens misting

mallen12

Reactions
Hi, I have had my MP for a while and have been very happy until a few weeks ago. My clips and pic. are useless, because the lens foggy up on the inside. Any ideas???

Regards

Michael

only 2 options with this one -
1. change the camera or do what I did - a little extreme I agree but it works
2. take a center punch - gently tap the glass with the lens facing DOWN until it breaks then clean the lens from the camera without blowing the dust etc
Put a lens filter on your camera - PRESTO!
Costs nothing but a little patience.
Good luck

Just hold it up to the sun for a few moments - it will evaporate once the lens warms up

only 2 options with this one -
1. change the camera or do what I did - a little extreme I agree but it works
2. take a center punch - gently tap the glass with the lens facing DOWN until it breaks then clean the lens from the camera without blowing the dust etc
Put a lens filter on your camera - PRESTO!
Costs nothing but a little patience.
Good luck
Thanks. Surely there must be a reason that causes this? If I can find the reason maybe I can cure the problem

Its caused from a cool drone going into a warm environment quickly. Had it happen to me.

Hi, I have had my MP for a while and have been very happy until a few weeks ago. My clips and pic. are useless, because the lens foggy up on the inside. Any ideas???

Regards

Michael
It's a fairly simple 15 minute fix to change the camera barrel yourself. You don't need the whole assembly, just the $20 barrel/lens assembly.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Trust me on this one gentlemen I had to do it twice - east fix - simply hold it directly at the sun for a short time - once the lens warms up it evaporates - I live in a very high humidity area on the coast of Canada and it works. No parts to remove or break !!

Reactions: Charles Keen

Regards

Michael
Answer from Moose1967 makes sense. Another point is if travelling by Car keep Drone in the Boot/Trunk where it isn't affected by air conditioning.

Regards

Michael

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki