DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should i get the mavic 3 pro ?

jojonono

Reactions
Hi guys

I currently have the air 2s as tlny third drone and I love it, maybe I'd like to see improvement I. Low light, but nonetheless it's a great drone

I recently got my first drone job thank God for this and I was really happy and learned many thing business wise...

I am thinking to upgrade to either mavic 3 pro or air 4, however I was disappointed when I found that mavic 3 pro you got to Stop Recording everytime you want to zoom in or use the telephoto lens, I wash shocked AMOF and this just seems dumb ! In phones for example with multiple lenses you can WHILE RECORDING switch from the widest angle 16mm lens to the normal one 22~ and zoom all the way with the telephoto lens

Is it only me who things dji is falling back a little and this seems just dumb??...

Yes I wanted the great zoom in the mavic 3 pro but I wanted to zoom from 1 to 7x while recording + to be able to do Dolly Zoom !...

So now am considering the Air 3 but I will be really disappointed if soon we got the Air 3s lol

So do you think I should get the mavic 3, air 3 or stick to my air 2s and just get more batteries ??....

Thanks,

Reactions: James in the Desert
Hi guys

I currently have the air 2s as tlny third drone and I love it, maybe I'd like to see improvement I. Low light, but nonetheless it's a great drone

I recently got my first drone job thank God for this and I was really happy and learned many thing business wise...

I am thinking to upgrade to either mavic 3 pro or air 4, however I was disappointed when I found that mavic 3 pro you got to Stop Recording everytime you want to zoom in or use the telephoto lens, I wash shocked AMOF and this just seems dumb ! In phones for example with multiple lenses you can WHILE RECORDING switch from the widest angle 16mm lens to the normal one 22~ and zoom all the way with the telephoto lens

Is it only me who things dji is falling back a little and this seems just dumb??...

Yes I wanted the great zoom in the mavic 3 pro but I wanted to zoom from 1 to 7x while recording + to be able to do Dolly Zoom !...

So now am considering the Air 3 but I will be really disappointed if soon we got the Air 3s lol

So do you think I should get the mavic 3, air 3 or stick to my air 2s and just get more batteries ??....

Thanks,
I recently purchased a Mavic 3 Pro. I'm just now beginning to enjoy it as I learn some of the many great options it provides. I'm going to double check, not saying you're mistaken, but I have not noticed it stop recording when I utilize the zoom in function. I love being able to zoom in with the scroll wheel. It makes things so much easier. I also own an Air 2S and I have always and always will absolutely love that bird. I have a Mini 3 Pro and it's an awesome unit too. I'm gonna fly today and double check the zoom/record function you talk about. I must say I wouldn't give up my Air 2S to get the Mavic 3 Pro. If I had to I wouldn't go that route. I'll get back with you after I fly. I try to photograph deer and other outdoor game and the zoom is outstanding. 7X times 4 = 28X.............wow.

DJI has discovered several avenues to open wallets. One of those is producing what seems to be a never ending succession of new models of their drones.
Whatever decision you make,(used M2 pro should be considered)it will be outdated in six months.

I was disappointed when I found that mavic 3 pro you got to Stop Recording everytime you want to zoom in or use the telephoto lens, I wash shocked AMOF and this just seems dumb ! In phones for example with multiple lenses you can WHILE RECORDING switch from the widest angle 16mm lens to the normal one 22~ and zoom all the way with the telephoto lens
The Mavic 3 pro doesn't just have three lenses.
It has three different cameras, so you cannot shoot continuously while you are changing from one camera to another.

Yes I wanted the great zoom in the mavic 3 pro but I wanted to zoom from 1 to 7x while recording
The Mavic 3 pro doesn't have any zoom lenses.
The only zoom is digital zoom

Reactions: David Metcalf
If you're happy with what you have and it serves you well, then stick with it. On the other hand if you want the most recent technology, then go for the newest. It's either a "yes" or "no" option for yourself.

The Mavic 3 pro doesn't just have three lenses.
It has three different cameras, so you cannot shoot continuously while you are changing from one camera to another.

The Mavic 3 pro doesn't have any zoom lenses.
The only zoom is digital zoom

Wow now that's exactly what I was worried a out !... how about that for a news !...
How come the mavic 3 though could zoom from 1x to 7x o saw that in utube !...

Thats pathetic, my mobile has three lenses or cameras or whatever u gonna call it, and it switches simultaneously between them while recording ....

Hi guys

Thanks,
Tottaly I added the M3 the photo/ Video quality is night and day. Even to my P4P.

Wow now that's exactly what I was worried a out !... how about that for a news !...
How come the mavic 3 though could zoom from 1x to 7x o saw that in utube !...

Thats pathetic, my mobile has three lenses or cameras or whatever u gonna call it, and it switches simultaneously between them while recording ....
You need to find out more about the drone rather than reacting to just a few words.
Take some time to find out the facts.

Hi guys

Thanks,
Save yourself a lot of time go to YOUTUBE and look at all the reviews. All your questions will be answered . You will SEE how the drone performs not just what someone says

Hi guys

Thanks,
The camera quality on the m3pro is amazing. The one feature I wish they DJI would have made available is an SDK with access to way points for third party developers. As a result, you can't create automated paths and fly in apps like Litchi. The new way point function DJI added is a start, but no where close to gimbal elevation adjustment and multiple POI with programmed action. When you do construction progressives, or prepared cinematic scenes, it makes the jobs easy to make $$. Pre plan, show up, run program tweak, run again and your outta there! I love my mavic 3 pro cine, just wish they would open to third party. Just my opinion.
Here's a piece I did on post IAN with M3cine. If you have good internet, bump the quality on you tube viewing.

I just got the M3p and have no regrets at all! I had the air2s and still have it for backup as you know it's a great drone with a great camera. I was able to take it out for a test spin last night as Rain in Florida is no joke this season...

I found that shooting in Dlog at 1600 iso is much better than the night mode.... way better .... take a look.

So in short u can never utilize the optical zoom while recording ? U can just zoom in digitally ? What about explore mode coz I could find little info only about it...

You can shoot in explore mode but the only drawback is it's only in normal /not D-log or M-log......

While I do find having to stop recording when switching between cameras to be a bit of a limitation, it's really not a deal-breaker at all. The digital zoom is limited, but still useful, and very smooth. You just need to know when and how much to use it. I also feel that being able to live-switch between the 3 cameras might be something fixed in a firmware update. Maybe.

It might be helpful to point out that when going to the 7X camera, lots of other things change too, like gimbal control, and flight control. Things are slowed down, and that's very good and necessary. I frankly love the 7X camera. It lets me get shots I've only deamed about before the M3p, and while I know that camera is lower res, it really does a nice job.

There are no optical zoom lenses on these cameras. Optical zoom lenses are huge and heavy (kinda like the one I faked in my avatar), these are still very tiny cameras.

To me, the M3P was like opening up a whole world that I was kept just outside of with my Air 2S and Mini 3 Pro. I still have the Mini 3P, but the Air 2S is gone, and I don't miss it for a minute.

BTW, the charger is fantastic. Charge the drone batteries AND the controller at the same time. Or, charge the stack of M3P batteries while also charging a stack of Mini 3P batteries. Nice.

So in short u can never utilize the optical zoom while recording ? U can just zoom in digitally ? What about explore mode coz I could find little info only about it...

Out of curiousity, why would you need optical zoom, when you have a drone that can move nearer or futher away - which is much nicer anyway IMO.

Reactions: Rayand and Mark V.
Out of curiousity, why would you need optical zoom, when you have a drone that can move nearer or futher away - which is much nicer anyway IMO.
The day that DJI make a successor to the Mavic 3 pro with a good optical zoom, I'll be buying it.
Having the 24mm equiv wideangle + 70mm equiv short tele and 166mm equiv medium tele cameras is a nice improvement over just having a single wide lens.
But I want to be able to have just one camera with a larger sensor for image quality.
I want to be able to have more choices for composition, to be able to shoot with 35mm, 50mm, 90mm etc equivqlent focal lengths and anything in between.
And my subjects don't stand still and wait for me to fly closer or further away.

Reactions: Chrislaf and FLDave
Noise factor. Visibility from far away without disturbance.
Yes I know this, the OP is asking about zoom within a single lens. But the very fact you can move the drone rather than zoom means there is less need for an optical zoom. I have a 18-105 on my DSLR but it's harder to just move on the ground. What I'm saying is that, for me, an optical zoom is not at all important and, if I could have as much freedom with the Mavic 3 Pro as I do with the Mini, I'd get one this afternoon :)

Yes it would be nice to have the 1 to 7x zoom within one lens. I imagine it's a problem with weight of a zoom? Although having three cameras is not exactly light either!

How long does it take to stop recording, switch lens and start again on the Mavic 3 Pro?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1