DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - Litchi - Waypoints - Drone Yawing in Wind

BRDVPRA

Reactions
Hey All,
I'm running my MP with Litchi Waypoints. I am having trouble with the drone yawing it's nose into a cross wind slightly which causes it to not be in line with the mission and causes bad video. Is there some way to ensure the drone is pointed directly at the next way point in the mission setup? For an example of what i'm talking about take a look this
and go to 3:06. You can see how the drone is yawing to the left while flying. It could just be how it is in the wind, but just wanted to check to confirm.

Can you share your waypoint mission plan with the group. In setup do you have straight or curved set? Put the waypoints in Auto not Custom. That's all I can think of without seeing your flight plan.

Reactions: RodPad
Place heading mode to Auto. This will make the drone fly looking in the direction of the next waypoint. Adjust gimbal angle to your preference for the shot you're looking for. You might want to slowdown the drone speed, this will help with the jerking movement you see in the video.

Place heading mode to Auto. This will make the drone fly looking in the direction of the next waypoint. Adjust gimbal angle to your preference for the shot you're looking for. You might want to slowdown the drone speed, this will help with the jerking movement you see in the video.
He hasn't posted his mission yet, I hope I didn't mess up this thread.

Rod ..

Can you share your waypoint mission plan with the group. In setup do you have straight or curved set? Put the waypoints in Auto not Custom. That's all I can think of without seeing your flight plan.

I'm new to the mission sharing part. It looks like it needs to be exported from the iPad then imported into mission hub is the correct or is there a way to connect the two? I don't see an export function in the Litchi app on the ipad? Thanks in advance!

I did check and the waypoints are all on auto.

Missions are shared from the Mission Hub. If you are logged into the Mission Hub with the same credentials that you use on your iPad, all of your Waypoint missions will be synced between both devices.
Here is some helpful info.

Missions are shared from the Mission Hub. If you are logged into the Mission Hub with the same credentials that you use on your iPad, all of your Waypoint missions will be synced between both devices.
Here is some helpful info.
I am on mission hub and litchi on my ipad. They are not syncing. Is there a checkbox somewhere for that? I used the same email as always. I am guessing it is something simple, but i'm not seeing it.

I am on mission hub and litchi on my ipad. They are not syncing. Is there a checkbox somewhere for that? I used the same email as always. I am guessing it is something simple, but i'm not seeing it.
In the Litchi app, go to Settings and scroll down to see "Check and Sync License".
If you arent using the current version of Litchi, you might have to update it to see that option.

Thanks for the info… got it synced!

I think this the mission link Mission Hub - Litchi
Yes, that shared the mission link. There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the mission itself.
It would also help if you would share the Flight Log (share the Airdata link, if you use it .... or upload it to the PhantomHelp Log Viewer)
My guess is the same as yours.... possible wind conditions forcing the drone to yaw to one side.

I love this stuff what actually is a MP (M1P)?
Speed is set at 16 mph. What speed can a MP do?
I see curves for a video, some are kind of large to me.
All that looks good, I was going to ask at what waypoints are you referring to.
I just started the video and you already flew over 2 busy freeways.

This is last time I will post on this thread.
Unless I missed something,

Rod..

I love this stuff what actually is a MP (M1P)?
Speed is set at 16 mph. What speed can a MP do?
I see curves for a video, some are kind of large to me.
All that looks good, I was going to ask at what waypoints are you referring to.
I just started the video and you already flew over 2 busy freeways.

This is last time I will post on this thread.
Unless I missed something,

Rod..
Mavic Pro (aka Mavic 1 Pro) came out in late 2016, top speed of 40 mph and has onboard waypoint capability.

The 'waypoint' portion of the video doesnt start until a bit after 2 minutes of the shared video. I dont know if the mission was modified and then posted, but.... true @RodPad .. it is a bit confusing. The video was edited, you'll see a transition at 2:23.

@BRDVPRA ,
Judging by the shadows of the clouds moving quickly from left to right in the video. I'm thinking that the drone is having to compensate for that South to SouthWest wind by a good bit of yaw to the left. At 4:15 to 4:30 you can see the wind really blowing at tree-top level.
I think the only problem was the weather conditions.

Really you sent me a PM and then blocked the video?

Post your thoughts here!
See what others think.

Rod..

Yes, that shared the mission link. There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the mission itself.
It would also help if you would share the Flight Log (share the Airdata link, if you use it .... or upload it to the PhantomHelp Log Viewer)
My guess is the same as yours.... possible wind conditions forcing the drone to yaw to one side.

Mavic Pro (aka Mavic 1 Pro) came out in late 2016, top speed of 40 mph and has onboard waypoint capability.

The 'waypoint' portion of the video doesnt start until a bit after 2 minutes of the shared video. I dont know if the mission was modified and then posted, but.... true @RodPad .. it is a bit confusing. The video was edited, you'll see a transition at 2:23.

@BRDVPRA ,
Judging by the shadows of the clouds moving quickly from left to right in the video. I'm thinking that the drone is having to compensate for that South to SouthWest wind by a good bit of yaw to the left. At 4:15 to 4:30 you can see the wind really blowing at tree-top level.
I think the only problem was the weather conditions.

Sounds like the wind and I was reminded of a few things to pay closer attention to in the future! Thanks all for the help/mentorship here!

Really you sent me a PM and then blocked the video?

Post your thoughts here!
See what others think.

Rod..
I did pull the video. I don't want to be a bad example to for other pilots on the highway crossing. My message to you was thanking you for pointing out the oversight. I had not considered that and I should have. I told you sometimes it takes a village and it stinks we are regulated that tightly, but it is what it is. I was thanking you for the reminder to do the checks before we fly. Thanks again!

Thanks!
"I told you sometimes it takes a village and it stinks we are regulated that tightly"
I still don't understand this statement.

My point is, what would if that dropped on a car traveling at 60 mph, there are humans operating those, they have un-predicable reflexes. What could happen?

I really don't care about regulations, 90% of the missions I run I'm doing at least three things your not supposed to do.

*hit, I thought of 1 more.

I hope we are still headed in the same direction I'm glad we are good!

Rod..

Thanks for your info!
40 mph, I thought when it came out it was faster then the P3's. Thumbswayup
But it is lighter, hum more thoughts. :rolleyes:

Rod ..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member