DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro, lost forever, Dji reliability down the toilet drain !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you got a lemon if these problems were from the beginning. In which case, it should have been returned under warranty. Of course an inspection of the logs would give insight as to what was really happening. For instance, some of the problems may be caused by the phone/tablet and connecting cable and not DJI equipment.

I am going into my third year with my MP and have not experienced any of the reliability problems you have. I think the software can have definite problems from version to version but the hardware and engineering is very high quality (at least for the MP/MPP).

In any forum like this you hear mostly about problems and the vast majority of owners are happy with their DJI equipment. Otherwise DJI would not be the world leader in drone sales.
I’ve noticed that very few posts here are positive. Many are just needless rants that probably can be narrowed down to issues with phone/tablet and “pilot error”.

I'm always looking to recover the drone, if you generally know where it is, are you able to recover it. How high in the tree? Is it climbable? Can you throw or shoot a rope up over it to try to dislodge it. Just curious.

Would be great to see this final troubled flight's logs analysed...

I had a Panasonic Microwave brand new I bought a while back. Came home with it and it made a good clock! It wouldn't do anything else! Totally garbage from the get go. I guess every Panasonic product must be crap and everyone should stay far far away. ??

They replaced it the next day and it's still going strong today.

Not every product built is going to be perfect. Sounds like your's should have been exchanged from the get go?

am sharing this experience and thoughts on their products, you may agree or disagree, I always liked the idea of shooting aerial images, i just think Dji is Far Away From Reliable and its about time anyone with a Dji drone starts seeing the same weird issue everyone is reporting here on the forums (gimbal glitches, app crashed, signal lost, other weird cr@p in mid-air !!)... and that is all despite being told by the app everything seems ok b4 taking off !...

I really cant believe what kind of crap Dji invents and sells to their customers, this is my first and probably LAST drone from them, i bought it a couple of years back, NEVER DROPPED IT, NEVER EVER NOT ONCE, Never exposed it to water etc... took a really good care of it protected in a bag 99% of the time.

The Mavic pro gave me all sorts of cr@p, you can hardly ever consider it reliable, hardly EVER, if you want to fly you need to check EVERYTHING a night before to make sure all sensors are cailbrated to avoid the hassle WHEN taking off, and No errors are showing ! and before taking off you must reassure that, i had to re-calibrate my down vision sensors SEVERAL times using their PC App, i dont understand the reason why the sensors would go our of sync on their own without any previous errors they just appear !...

Finally, all sorts of small but critical glitches like loosing connection in mid-air, app freezes, remote restarts etc. finally i lost faith in Dji f* cr@p products and will NEVER spend a dime on their crap drones, my mavic pro was flying safe and sound today, controller disconnected and gave weirdest errors i have ever seen on a controller ever and started screaming and the sinal icon on the app changed to something weird ! signal lost and am just 2 km away in the weirdest manner ever, gimbal started to act up mid air (watch this video) also video will stop recording when this happens, not mentioning battery for some reason flies only for about 15 minutes Max, then drone force landed on a tree on an island just meters away and now i lost it forever probably due to Dji crap engineering, am just happy they dont invent real aircrafts !...

I am a tech maniac, i can understand this is a sensitive piece of machine that needs special care, that why we take good care of our drones, but when it keep getting weird and scary error OUT OF NO WHERE, i think its just not mature enough of a technology to invest our money in ! i hope other manufacturers have better reliability than the Dji, IMO 99% of people if not almost everyone will see weird, strange and AT SOME STAGE ALARMING issues with their drones, and losing your drone is just a possibility YOU NEED TO BE PREPARED TO DEAL WITH !
Mine works fine. Maybe you're seeing a malfunction in the nut at the top of the control sticks. Or possibly something wrong with "attitude control". Hard to say ... but sounds like it's probably something "external" to the system.

• Haha
Reactions: Kola and MurMan
I have MPPlatinum, second one, the first one I launched using my '97 Buick as a launch "pad" because there was so much snow on the ground. Of course I understand my mistake now, but then I didn't. Drone flew fine for almost a minute then crashed, but only from 8-10 feet. My Gimbal "absorbed" the impact. I sent it in on my DJI Protection plan and got a new replacement drone. Since then I have watched every Tutorial I could find to avoid making any more mistakes as much as possible.
My mindset, in retrospect, was that I had a very expensive "toy" that pretty much flew itself like the other Actual toy drones I had b4. Now that I better understand the tech of these flying computers, I also understand that software and sometimes hardware isn't perfect. And as someone mentioned, a worker, who didn't want friends to go to Happy Hour without him, may have inadvertently missed something on the circuitry, or a software engineer may have forgotten something, but that 99 percent is usually due to pilot error. Our egos usually respond, "Yeah, Yours not mine."
Read the instructions, as questions arise, and take Drone flying seriously while having the time of your life over and over again! I'm 73 and love learning to fly better every time I take my Tech Bird out for a fly. Don't take Technology for granted, it is ever evolving.

Never ever had one issue with my Phantom 4 Pro+ or my Mavic 2 Pro.........My only complaint would be that the firmware update on these things is a bit of a faff but once you get past that (and realise the computing power and technology that are built into these things) then they fly as they should. Utterly brilliant products.

Ok guys i think the OP has had his say and see's what everyone else thinks.Think he was just having one
of those moments and decided to start a rant. Think it's over now and see no need of this going any further.
Wait guys and another member will have one and you can jump in there. ;)

Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada