DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro lost GPS mid air

BCDE8454-9B02-4BCC-B305-3399EA02808D.jpeg FYI this is scene by scen i screen capture from my footage, what happened on my mavic right before that horrific flight happened.

For what it's worth, when I got my MP I flew it the first time without doing any calibrations (per manual), and (unsurprisingly) it was unstable in hover. I also got loads of various errors, including GPS errors (and the Big Red Light). Once I calibrated the IMU and the compass, all this went away.

My pet theory is that, due to the lack of calibration, the various inputs didn't correlate successfully and it was rejecting the GPS inputs, but it's tough to know...

For what it's worth, when I got my MP I flew it the first time without doing any calibrations (per manual), and (unsurprisingly) it was unstable in hover. I also got loads of various errors, including GPS errors (and the Big Red Light). Once I calibrated the IMU and the compass, all this went away.

My pet theory is that, due to the lack of calibration, the various inputs didn't correlate successfully and it was rejecting the GPS inputs, but it's tough to know...

Entirely possible that calibrations are off. The moment it tries to do anything but sit there (like, get heading info) it's going to go crazy.

Recalibrate IMU, Compass and Vision Systems, and then try flying again.

You're also taking off from a rooftop in that picture, I think? Try doing it from ground level with no metal nearby. Do not turn your Mavic on near metal, and don't take off near metal.

Any metal won't affect GPS, but still best avoided for other reasons.
I'd still suspect the wrap, if you put your (not metallic) head or hand over the Mavic you lose GPS.
It won't be blocking it fully, just making it borderline.
What the ebay seller says is irrelevant, he isn't going to say "Oh wow I'll dump all the stock then"

Any metal won't affect GPS, but still best avoided for other reasons.
I'd still suspect the wrap, if you put your (not metallic) head or hand over the Mavic you lose GPS.
It won't be blocking it fully, just making it borderline.
What the ebay seller says is irrelevant, he isn't going to say "Oh wow I'll dump all the stock then"
Morning 4wd, yes you right. Even when i touch my mavic i notice the descending amount of GPs and if i wrap my hand on the tail, the GPS is gone. For my first suspicion thinking i blame the wrapping. But still finding the solution on others thing since it’s still receiving GPS normally. It would lost GPS only after take off

Y
Entirely possible that calibrations are off. The moment it tries to do anything but sit there (like, get heading info) it's going to go crazy.

Recalibrate IMU, Compass and Vision Systems, and then try flying again.

You're also taking off from a rooftop in that picture, I think? Try doing it from ground level with no metal nearby. Do not turn your Mavic on near metal, and don't take off near metal.
Hi Flawless. Thanks for remind me. From all the efforts that i did i forget 1 think, vision recalibration, i will do that tonight. All i did is , open the back side Wrapping (negative result), IMU n compass calibration (negative result), dismount and remount the gPS cable connection (nevative result), i will try the last one ☝️ vision system. If it doesn’t work i will search other solution like what this group suggests on me “Replacing The GPS Module”...if it didn’t work anymore ok well i will remove all of that wrapping. Why should having great look but can’t flying anymore. Thanks mate

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi