DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro lost - how can I locate it?

So after nearly two hours of search I could not find my drone.Either it is even further away from this GPS location or someone picked it which is unlikely. How far it may be ? I searched about 20 metres in both directions of the ditch.
Should i give up???? :(

So after nearly two hours of search I could not find my drone.Either it is even further away from this GPS location or someone picked it which is unlikely. How far it may be ? I searched about 20 metres in both directions of the ditch.
Should i give up???? :(

It is (or at least was) definitely at that location, down, with motors off. It is indicating approximately 10 m above ground level. Is that general location consistent with the view that you saw on the camera?

Absolutely.I expected it would be there even before you gave me the GPS location.10 metres is quite high, I will have a look up in to the trees one more time.

Absolutely.I expected it would be there even before you gave me the GPS location.10 metres is quite high, I will have a look up in to the trees one more time.

The 10 m is only approximate given barometric drift etc.. GPS data indicates only a couple of meters AGL, at least compared to GE DEM, but GPS altitude is only good to 20 meters or so - it was 7 meters off at takeoff.

The Mavic is hard to spot in trees due to its color.

I was indeed standing on a garage when I started the drone , so maybe 3m above the ground. I can only hope it is now somewhere around the GPS location and will search one more time.

I was indeed standing on a garage when I started the drone , so maybe 3m above the ground. I can only hope it is now somewhere around the GPS location and will search one more time.

A metal structure perhaps - which would explain the magnetic yaw / IMU yaw separation at takeoff that caused all the subsequent compass errors. It looks like you had significant magnetic interference at takeoff. Not a good choice of takeoff location if that is the case.

Electricity cables 400kv just several metres above the garage. I choice this place because it was off the ground.

Do you see it up there?:) Exactly at the GPS location, 10 metres up in the tree. I just could not see yesterday from the other side of the ditch.

Reactions: MalM61
So Sar104, thank you very much for your help.You saved my drone. I am the happiest man on earth today. I owe you s lot.
The drone if fine. I will use tracking device now and of course no more risky flights.

Reactions: CarlStarke
Do you see it up there?:) Exactly at the GPS location, 10 metres up in the tree. I just could not see yesterday from the other side of the ditch.
Uhhh. Is it in that photo?!?! That's a "Where's Waldo" thing! Would you post the photo again with the thing circled please?
Sar104 is the MASTER!

20181010_162307.jpg

Attachments

• 20181010_162307.jpg
    20181010_162307.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: rfc
Open this file with Google Earth. Change the file extension from txt to kml. It should be very close to the last known location.

Attachments

• Oct-6th-2018-02-46PM-Notifications-Airdata.txt
    282.9 KB · Views: 9
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum