DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro lost - how can I locate it?

Open this file with Google Earth. Change the file extension from txt to kml. It should be very close to the last known location.

It's worth reading threads before replying. The OP found the aircraft back on Wednesday, and it was nowhere near the last location in that log, for reasons that I explained previously.

Last edited:
It is refreshing to read a thread like this in this forum. There was a lot that could have been said about what the op did but instead, everyone tried to help without incrimination. Bravo!!!

Reactions: Marooned4 and Rnl
I think it's awesome that you found your drone and even more awesome that folks like sar are here and willing to help.

But I can't help but wonder... do you plan to continue to fly your drone at a distance of 4+ miles away, well out of your visual line of sight, and continue to ignore RTH warnings? Or, did this teach you a lesson?

Mark

OK good. The DAT file includes the landing, which occurred at 572 seconds:

View attachment 49372

Extracting the location data from the IMU and GPS records gives the following track and landing point:

View attachment 49373

Those values disagree by about 12 meters, but you should be able to find it around those points.
These are the absolute best people in the world i swear it! All you who spent your time to come up with an area for the poor soul who seems to have been going for a record in distance to look in is nothing short of priceless. My hat is tipped to all. Now to the knucklehead who went WAAAAAAAY out past where they should have. I hope you find your bird and im quite sure this is lesson learned. No need to say anything more. My heart goes out to you. At least from what it looks anyway, at least there was little chance of the bird falling onto someone

Ah you did find it. Very good. These folks out here are amazing! They in my eyes are the closet thing to family without ever meeting. Some will make fun and some will help. Just like family at my house lol.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser