DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro maintenance

Koelkop

Reactions
Hello all,

I have done a lot of flying with my mpp over 13 months. I have now flown over 260 hours.

I live in quite a dry climate so there is inevitably dust in the air. I noticed traces of dust accumulated at the fan intake.

Now im wondering if at some point it might be necessary to take the bird apart and clean it thoroughly?

What is accessible if the top is removed? I know the bottom is connected to the chips with paste so dont wat to remove that.

I had a crash and a blade chunk got stuck in the motor. You can take off the top pretty easy. I would use a drop of blue loctite on each screw to put it back together like DJI did. But I don't think anything more than a can of keyboard cleaner is needed on the motors. I have electric helicopters from 10 years ago that still fly fine. Probably not like they used to but fine.

That is a lot of hours. Not sure what the motors are rated for I would think the bearing would show a bit a wear with 260 hours but would guess there is at least 740 more... easy.

Reactions: mereflyer
I had a crash and a blade chunk got stuck in the motor. You can take off the top pretty easy. I would use a drop of blue loctite on each screw to put it back together like DJI did. But I don't think anything more than a can of keyboard cleaner is needed on the motors. I have electric helicopters from 10 years ago that still fly fine. Probably not like they used to but fine.

That is a lot of hours. Not sure what the motors are rated for I would think the bearing would show a bit a wear with 260 hours but would guess there is at least 740 more... easy.

The motors still look clean and they have zero play in any direction. I am worried about dust and stuff on the inside on all the components.

yes I would use a can of dust off after you are done for the day if it is really dusty all the time.

Last edited:
DO NOT use loctite on any screws. They go in to plastic and it will destroy the screw holes.

Also, yes you need to get it cleaned out, but please do it very carefully. What seems easy is just the opposite of that.

If you have Facebook chat or Skype, I can give you 15 free minutes of tech support for free.

DO NOT use loctite on any screws. They go in to plastic and it will destroy the screw holes.

Also, yes you need to get it cleaned out, but please do it very carefully. What seems easy is just the opposite of that.

If you have Facebook chat or Skype, I can give you 15 free minutes of tech support for free.

I will do my best not to screw it up lol. I diy most of my electronics stuff. When the car charger popped the little ceramic fuse in the plug I fixed it myself. And I took the spark I had apart to see whats inside and it flew after that :p

Not too much dust but noticeable. Will electrical contact cleaner be safe to use or will it wash out the thermal paste as well? Compressed air is probably safer?

ps. a broken prop works really well as a pry tool ?

Attachments

• 20190601_093101.jpg
    20190601_093101.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 57
There is ALREADY loctite on the screw metal screw to metal casing. Let me pull one and show you
It is NOT loctite, which is liquid and only applicable to metal, it's a special threadlocking compound made specifically for plastic. If you want to put some threadlock you have to make sure it's compatible with plastics. Loctite do not make any.

I will do my best not to screw it up lol. I diy most of my electronics stuff. When the car charger popped the little ceramic fuse in the plug I fixed it myself. And I took the spark I had apart to see whats inside and it flew after that :p
Thats a nice gesture by you.... Seriously!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661