DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Maintenance Required

Rob1

Reactions
My DJI Mavic 3 enterprise is over a year old now. I got an annoying red text saying "MAINT REQD" maintenance is required even though I've barely flown it!

The basic service suggests inspection, cleaning, and firmware updates to minimize wear and tear and risks. I could do this simple maintenance myself. I would be grateful if someone could help me remove the red text so I don't have to ship it to a DJI center and pay just for that.

Screenshot_20230927-020836.png

Screenshot_20230927-020946.png

Screenshot_20230927-020822.png

Screenshot_20230927-020924.png

@Rob1 its because of the perceived commercial aspect ,that the enterprise class of drone ,is designed for , and regular maintainance, is part of the requirements ,for such use ,so you could say that DJI are covering their backs ,by offering the service ,whether you choose to take it is your choice

Reactions: maggior
@Rob1 I am now right there with you Rob. And I cannot even get an answer or maintenance code on where/how/who to send it in to. DJI has what seems like perfectly good info on the website, but no way to actually pull the trigger. This is an oil change light that may have no off switch from what I can see.
Annoying!

Noooooooo, The only thing I can think of is Log in with another account

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water, Captue The Storm and Fake out Oil Changes.
Well, now that is an interesting idea. : )

I did finally get a call back and have a quote now for M3E maintenance and will be sending it in next week. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So is the only "fix" is to send it in to DJI to get the message removed?

My other concern is how long the message will stay removed. I have two Mavic 3E (purchased used) . . . one does not display the message and the other (newest acquisition) does have the message. I can with with a one-time send-in to DJI and have the message removed. Otherwise, I'll have to learn to live with the "change oil light" on.

Cheers!

M3E is a working class drone, when earning the way it is meant to earn it is going to ware out is a fewer amount of days. Maintaining the aircraft properly is a must. The manufacturers of the aircraft should determine when it is time for maintenance. Frank Wang builds the best commercial drones on the planet. He put a red tag on your remote because he knows irresponsible operators need motivated.

M3E is a working class drone, when earning the way it is meant to earn it is going to ware out is a fewer amount of days. Maintaining the aircraft properly is a must. The manufacturers of the aircraft should determine when it is time for maintenance. Frank Wang builds the best commercial drones on the planet. He put a red tag on your remote because he knows irresponsible operators need motivated.
There is very little maintenance required.
This is just another revenue decision similar to not providing an SDK and forcing users to pay twice as much to have a drone suitable for mapping.

There is very little maintenance required.
This is just another revenue decision similar to not providing an SDK and forcing users to pay twice as much to have a drone suitable for mapping.
It seams strange to me that this is not happening to all Mavic 3 drones considering they are the same drone.

Because the target customers for the enterprise models are businesses who expect this, basically any equipment they run will have manufacturer-specified maintenance schedules, the recurring costs for servicing will have been included in the financing from the start before they decided on the purchase etc.
I've had some customers ask about that and saying "there isn't any" basically drops their confidence level a notch or 2 instantly. DJI just gives them this to tick the "enterprise-level support" box, plus that's extra revenue nobody would frown upon.

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas