DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Max Altitude.....

I have had my Mavic Pro for over three years now.....
I always fly my drone like a free bird....
I have flown above the clouds many times......I have the full potential of my drone without any kind of limitations.
Remember a free bird is a happy bird.

I have had my Mavic Pro for over three years now.....
I always fly my drone like a free bird....
I have flown above the clouds many times......I have the full potential of my drone without any kind of limitations.
Remember a free bird is a happy bird.
Above 400ft AGL you are breaking the law and the drone is a potential threat/risk to manned aircraft.
When you are "above the clouds" I'd bet the drone was out of sight as were manned aircraft, thereby increasing the risk.
It wouldn't be too difficult for law makers to compel drone manufacturers to introduce a hard 400ft, above the take off point, ceiling. There was a 15m ceiling in India for under 250g drones and DJI complied with that.
Fly free but respect the safety and pleasure of others, I don't want such a limitation introduced because someone choses to fly above 400ft AGL and then publises the matter on the www and attracts the attention of the law makers.
Yes I am aware others do it but the less that do the less the probable risk to the rest of us.

Last edited:
It's because this is page .2
Dang it looked like a first post, and I ever checked if page 1 or other, on the phone view, lol.

I asked because here we have a rule about no fight above cloud, fog etc, basically a VLOS thing.
Not sure if it’s specifically mentioned in US FAA rules like here.

I’ll go read page 1 now 😛😖

edit typos, still on this tiny phone screen.
Yes, English is my first language, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyDrone
I bought a Mavic Pro in 2017 and still have it...It still fly's great...
I am still on the same filmware as when I bought it......I never update...
My question is with all the latest updates from DJI have the bricked the Mavic Pro and limited what it was once capable of doing?
Considering you’ve never updated, the early firmware MIGHT have had no alt agl or above take off point restrictions.
I got my M1P in 2017 also, can’t recall what version firmware, or if I ever tried going higher back then.
Why are you thinking of updating now ?

Above 400ft AGL you are breaking the law and the drone is a potential threat/risk to manned aircraft.
When you are "above the clouds" I'd bet the drone was out of sight as were manned aircraft, thereby increasing the risk.
It wouldn't be too difficult for law makers to compel drone manufacturers to introduce a hard 400ft, above the take off point, ceiling. There was a 15m ceiling in India for under 250g drones and DJI complied with that.
Fly free but respect the safety and pleasure of others, I don't want such a limitation introduced because someone choses to fly above 400ft AGL and then publises the matter on the www and attracts the attention of the law makers.
Yes I am aware others do it but the less that do the less the probable risk to the rest of us.
I was on a mountain.

Hello there...
My question is with all the latest updates from DJI have the bricked the Mavic Pro and limited what it was once capable of doing?
Whats the max altitude with all the latest updates?
Can I ask what version do you currently run? Also, once you upgrade to a certain point dji won’t allow you to downgrade.

Hello there...
Whats the max altitude with all the latest updates?
I've had a since 2017 too, but they stopped doing updates years ago, so can't imagine what updates you are referring to? The only updates they do is to nfz's occasionally. Mine still flys perfectly and does everything is says on the tin, unlike some of "stuff", they're putting out these days.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki