DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Never Asked to be Activated

snelld

Reactions
My Mavic Pro is my second drone, the first being a Phantom 4. When I first got my P4, I used the DJI Go 4 app and fully activated the P4. About 20 flights later, I bought the Mavic Pro and a set of DJI Goggles. However, when preparing the Mavic for its first flight, I was never prompted to activate the drone. So I was a bit concerned but sure enough I got a "ready to fly" status and up we went. Upon landing for the first time, I missed my RTH spot by about 25 feet and I saw a calibration or it might have been compass error. Upon checking the equipment status, Calibration was highlighted, not NORMAL. So I calibrated again. Then tried another RTH landing and it hit the spot dead on. So I felt better about that, however, equipment status is still suggesting I need to calibrate (box is still around the word "Calibrate, not around Normal. So finally the question" If I have never been asked nor can I find a way to activate and name this drone, am I safe or should I get on the dreaded line with DJI? Thoughts? By the way, the Goggles did, in fact, ask to be activated and that went fine (but the local storage is not working for viewing but that is a whole other thread going on out there).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf