DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CaptainDave

Reactions
I'm new to flying, have two problems.
First Mavic pro will only connect to Huewai tab via WiFi (camera working fine)
Will not open camera when cable connected in RC. RC connection all good(but no camera). Tried rebooting tablet with RC and aircraft on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled dji go 4. Any ideas?
Second issue. When RC connected by cable to my Samsung 10" tablet, even in bright sunlight screen is too dark to see images on-screen. ..any ideas?

Are you using the supplied cable or a different one. I've had problems using cables supplied for charging tablets. Some of these cables don't have the connections needed for the video.

Thanks for getting in touch Jetex-Jim.
I am using the charging cable supplied and it is working fine on my big Samsung(except that screen is very dark) but doesn't light up the camera in RC mode using more convenient Heuwai tablet. Tablet asks for "connect to device" whenever RC mode is selected( I'm not confident to fly by fone in WiFi yet)

Thanks for getting in touch Jetex-Jim.
I am using the charging cable supplied and it is working fine on my big Samsung(except that screen is very dark) but doesn't light up the camera in RC mode using more convenient Heuwai tablet. Tablet asks for "connect to device" whenever RC mode is selected( I'm not confident to fly by fone in WiFi yet)
Hmm, curious that's me out of ideas. Tablets and phone do tend to be on the dim side but I expect you've gone to settings display brightness and cranked it up to max.

However, I would say given the number of App crashes I've seen with DJI I wouldn't risk using the phone for flying on WIFI.

I've also had the Litchi app disconnect towards the end of a waypoint mission but the Mavic carried on to the last waypoint which was near enough that I was able to fly visually and land. The RC controller is very robust. For me there are no advantages to using the phone and WIFI.

Last edited:
I was hoping the Heuwai would solve the screen darkness problem using the large Samsung. As I'm flying off my boat I shall take your advice about the WiFi flying seriously.
It's very limiting when you can't get a bird's eye view to help locating the craft. The screen is near useless in full sun.
Thanks anyway for your help

I've not tried it but I've read that Litchi supports dynamic home point. (I presume your boat is moving) Perhaps you could use that? The HP is shown on the FPV screen and the help says to drag it to the new location.

Thanks for more ideas Jetex-Jim, with one iteration the screen is too dark to realistically relocate any HP. It's too dark for me to fly by screen visual alone. I had a scary moment when I first switched off beginners mode and I "lost" the aircraft while fiddling with RC. Only rotating until she faced the sun allowed me to see what direction to move.
In the other set up (using Heuwai) the camera does not connect at all.
I appreciate the thoughts and I'll keep checking threads

I'm reminded today that if connecting to a tablet using the usb port one MUST remove the other tablet/phone connection cable in order to get video from the USB connector.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka