DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro on emirates flight

Mickkoi

Reactions
hi guys newbie on the site traveling to Australia from the uk in two weeks,just wondered if they have got more strict with drones on there flights.any info would be of great help

I flew to Bali via Dubai with emirates. I put my Mavic in suitcase in a hard case, emirates are ridiculously strict on drones and don’t allow in hand luggage. I wouldn’t risk it

I flew Emirates the other day; get to the check in counter, open up your suitcase and take a picture of the drone (minus battery) and lock it in front of the person assisting with the check in process.

I was told if it got "lost", Emirates would reimburse me but she could not show me the policy where it said this. So since I had to fly, I just did as asked and fingers crossed, my drone was there when I arrived at my destination.

I kept it in the Mavic case, but I would recommend a hard case if you're travelling/have one.

Good luck, and don't risk it. Just declare it as they will confiscate it in Dubai if you get a person who is actually just doing their job on Dubai. They have super strict rules on drones in transit as well.

Emirates have a far stricter policy than most other world airlines. I would absolutely check their speicifc policy and print it off in case you get grief at the airtport.
Ian

I flew emirates last week from LAX to Dubai direct.

My mavic was in the my hand luggage to and from Dubai. No issues. No issues with security, checking in, or on board the plane.

I know they have strict drone policies, but never had any issues with emirates, the airport or in Dubai.

hi guys newbie on the site traveling to Australia from the uk in two weeks,just wondered if they have got more strict with drones on there flights.any info would be of great help

These rules apply for local flights Simmo? Looking at flying to Coolangatta in the coming months. What are the Mavic batteries classed as?
Hey Bud, See my pic above (post 2) Mavic Batteries are just over 40wH, so considered low.
Basically the Mavic with a connected battery could go checked, all spare batteries must go carry on.
I would even, to be safer, take the battery out of the Mavic and carry that one on too. The empty Mavic can go in the hold. Put the batteries in clip lock bags and all should be good.
Travelling safely with batteries and portable power packs | Civil Aviation Safety Authority

Hey Bud, See my pic above (post 2) Mavic Batteries are just over 40wH, so considered low.
Basically the Mavic with a connected battery could go checked, all spare batteries must go carry on.
I would even, to be safer, take the battery out of the Mavic and carry that one on too. The empty Mavic can go in the hold. Put the batteries in clip lock bags and all should be good.
Travelling safely with batteries and portable power packs | Civil Aviation Safety Authority
I don't fly much at all and going to Coolangatta for a boys night out so won't have a lot of carry on. Can I take Mavic and three batteries carry on?

I dont see why not? One battery connected and two in plastic bags.
The Mavic is recommended as carry on (not compulsory)
The spare batteries are compulsory carry on.
Print out that picture I put up, Thats from CASA!

I dont see why not? One battery connected and two in plastic bags.
The Mavic is recommended as carry on (not compulsory)
The spare batteries are compulsory carry on.
Print out that picture I put up, Thats from CASA!
Awesome, thanks mate!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead