DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro or wait?

jangermann

Reactions
Hi.
Just sold my Spark wifi drone, and I never want a wifi drone again, I need a stable connection like my old P3P but I also need a drone that is easy to transport. It seem like the Mavic Pro is the one to get.
My first priority is to get a stable product that just work everytime.

So it seems I have two options:
1. Buy a Mavic Pro, it has been on the market for a while and software bugs has been solved.
2. Wait and buy the new Mavic Pro2 coming late Marts, with the risk of software bugs.

What do you think?
Also is there anything I should know regarding the Mavic Pro?
Thanks.

Reactions: ToddR
If you expect your Mavic Pro to work every time, you might be unpleasantly surprised. It almost always works, but sometimes I have issues when things get updated. It's always a gamble with the firmware and the Go 4 app, so I think you're just as well off with a Mavic Pro 2. Maybe they'll even work out some of the kinks with the gimbal, and the battery life might be better, which is something that I would like to see.

I have the P3P and just bought the Mavic Pro. So far so good, stable, reliable, great video in manual mode, easy to fly but you need to use filters ( I use the Polar Pro ones) on bright sunny days and to really “get it right in post production”, I use FCP.
There are also some very good deals about for the MP currently in the UK, especially for nearly new models on the right sites. My advice would be to look around for a nearly new MP1 as this really is a beauty of a drone, which you can take anywhere with you.
How they managed to pack so much into such a small drone is very impressive.
I will still keep the P3P which is also an excellent piece of kit.

Reactions: Daptone and breid
If you expect your Mavic Pro to work every time, you might be unpleasantly surprised. It almost always works, but sometimes I have issues when things get updated. It's always a gamble with the firmware and the Go 4 app, so I think you're just as well off with a Mavic Pro 2. Maybe they'll even work out some of the kinks with the gimbal, and the battery life might be better, which is something that I would like to see.
Mayby thats why I like my P3P. It don’t get updated anymore :)

Reactions: genesimmons
I have the P3P and just bought the Mavic Pro. So far so good, stable, reliable, great video in manual mode, easy to fly but you need to use filters ( I use the Polar Pro ones) on bright sunny days and to really “get it right in post production”, I use FCP.
There are also some very good deals about for the MP currently in the UK, especially for nearly new models on the right sites. My advice would be to look around for a nearly new MP1 as this really is a beauty of a drone, which you can take anywhere with you.
How they managed to pack so much into such a small drone is very impressive.
I will still keep the P3P which is also an excellent piece of kit.

I think I will wait and see what the Mavic Pro2 will be like. I can still buy a Mavic one at that time.
If they make it a wifi drone I will for sure buy the mavic pro1

I love the MP. I have never experienced any issues at all. Don’t believe everything you read. Most of the failures read about R pilot errors.

Reactions: breid and Dw911
I love the MP. I have never experienced any issues at all. Don’t believe everything you read. Most of the failures read about R pilot errors.

Same here, ive never had any issues with mine

Reactions: breid
The Mavic Pro is my favourite drone. No problems, gimbal,is fine if you treat it like a piece of tech and not a toy. I rarely bother to unpack my inspires anymore, the mavic is just great. That said, if the MP2 is due out soon, wait and have a look. It may be a bit better for a slight increase in price or it may be a different class
At the end of the day, if you have a few hours time up on the P3P, you will love the Mavic Pro.

I'd wait if your not in a rush nothing 2 lose and maybe a lot 2 gain and the mavic pro is a beautiful piece of technology but the gimbal is a bit fagile well worth what u pay 4 at the end of the day it might be the price that makes your decision.

Reactions: Daptone
The Mavic Pro is my favourite drone. No problems, gimbal,is fine if you treat it like a piece of tech and not a toy. I rarely bother to unpack my inspires anymore, the mavic is just great. That said, if the MP2 is due out soon, wait and have a look. It may be a bit better for a slight increase in price or it may be a different class
At the end of the day, if you have a few hours time up on the P3P, you will love the Mavic Pro.
I was very close and was on the fence for a long time On buying the inspire 1V2.0. I was told by a lot of people it’s more made for professionals. That was the biggest reason why I did not purchase one. But I do think they are cooler than hell.

Waiting on Pro 2 or Autel Evo - need a better Camera on a portable drone. Got a little Chinese drone as a practice for the time being.

I have had my mp for a year. It has worked great. Like others said about the gimble- it is fragile. You just need to treat it like a special piece of photography gear. I just purchased a used p3p to compliment my mp. I think both are great pieces of photography equipment.

I have a P3P and a Mavic Pro and they compliment each other really well.
MP has a CareFresh Insurance Policy so I only fly it using the DJI GO4 app - otherwise invalidates it.
The P3P I fly with Litchi autonomously and it flies really well using IOS (IPAD Mini 2). A perfect combination.
Best of both worlds!

Reactions: MadValley
One would expect a higher resolution camera to be the primary feature of MP2 (but I don't know that for sure). If a better camera is your goal might be worth waiting for, but the price will be higher (don't know that either - ha ha - but when isn't that the case). Sensors in all directions, maybe. What others call bugs I tend to think of as 'technology' limitations. You need to learn what works knowing that if you wait 10 years the technology will be better. It may not be your first thought when buying one of these drones (unless you read this forum a lot) but you need to accept the fact you might break it possibly due to a part or control failure but more likely due to cockpit error.

Normally I'd say why wait? There's always going to be a new drone to wait for. However, it does seem as though the Mavic Pro II is going to be out within the next couple of months so I'd say for once it makes sense to wait.

Once the Mavic Pro II is announced:

a) Get a Mavic Pro II
b) Get a discounted Mavic Pro (price will drop once the II is announced).

I've already sold my Mavic Pro in anticipation of the Mavic Pro II being announced soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu