DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - Panorama - shot centering

kitMavic

Reactions
Hi folks,

I am sure this has been answered somewhere in the forum many times, but sorry I cannot find the answer.

I want to know say if you were taking a single shot with camera say pointing 45 degrees. Then you change to panorama mode 3 x 3. I think the centre point of the pano reverts always to the horizontal position. What I am often seeing is the bottom of what I want in the pano missing.

So in the extreme case if I was shooting a single shot pointing downwards, then change to pano mode 3x3, the shot will be mainly what is in front of the drone, rather than straight down.

The applies to all other pano modes, the starting point to dead level.

I don't think there is a way around this, besides shooting many single shots and stitching them in a separate software.

Grateful if someone can clarify whether I am correct in how the pano works. Sorry for stupid question.

Thanks in advance

It does do as you say.
I shoot manual panoramas always. Allows me far more control with overlaps, horizon framing and so on.

That is correct, as mentioned above just shoot them manually and stitch them together in post. I have my grid turned on and use the grid for establishing my overlaps from one grid line to the next. This method works pretty good for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada