DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Mavic Pro Photos Resolution is too low to Print

mikey201

Reactions
so i dont know if anyone has heard the site Darkroom.tech but you basically set up your own print shop.. now all the photos i put up there with my camera i can put at any size. 5x7 all the way up to 30 x 40. when i try to put a photo ive taken with my mavic on there the only size i can put is 10x20. no lower no higher. this is for almost every drone photo ive tried. i also shoot in RAW everytime and in 16:9. the avg photo i take (the raw file) is 18mb and then when exported it usually cuts it in half to 9mb. idk if that makes a difference or anything. but does anyone know what the problem would be ?

does anyone know what the problem would be ?
That sounds like something you need to ask Darkroom.
Do they give any message to show why you can only pot in 20x20?
Do they actually say that the resolution is too low?
Their website has minimal details and I can't find anything there that explains what resolutions they accept or reject.
Post an example here and that will confirm that there's nothing obviously wrong with the image.

Last edited:
Reactions: offtheback
Mavic Pro is 12 Mpx, some print company's think thats too low for bigger prints, they want a minimum dpi of say 150. But with bigger prints, most people will not look at it very close, so dpi can be a bit lower, got prints here in from my old 8 Mpx dslr hanging on 45 x 30" print and it looks great.

You can trick the printing service by upscaling your image with a good image tool.

Mavic Pro is 12 Mpx, some print company's think thats too low for bigger prints, they want a minimum dpi of say 150. But with bigger prints, most people will not look at it very close, so dpi can be a bit lower, got prints here in from my old 8 Mpx dslr hanging on 45 x 30" print and it looks great.

You can trick the printing service by upscaling your image with a good image tool.
Pretty sure that DPI and pixels and 2 different things as you can take an image of any pixel size and change the output (DPI) when sending it to the printer.

Reactions: Meta4
Pretty sure that DPI and pixels and 2 different things as you can take an image of any pixel size and change the output (DPI) when sending it to the printer.

DPI means pixels per inch. So you can calculated the real dpi yourself if you know the print size and the amount of pixels in height and/or width. Changing DPI when sending to printer doesn't magically increase the detail level beyond that of what's in the image.

I was just on the site and seems you need to enable all formats or styles for printing and products. Seems like a good way to get started for free and have a basic personal portfolio and web page.

I was on a similar site previously, Fine Art America. The issue that I see with these sites, it is difficult to sell things unless you already have a following. Also, the basic price structure makes the product cost far above "Fair Market". I had over 100 images on FAA and never sold anything even though some of my pics had won recognition in a few of their internal contests?

All that said, I actually enjoyed the process as I was just learning photography at the time.

so here is all the resolutions they accept which seems like my photos would and should be accepted and here is an example of one of my photos

Attachments

• Pixel Chart.pdf
    45.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DJI_0048.jpg
    DJI_0048.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 11
I was just on the site and seems you need to enable all formats or styles for printing and products. Seems like a good way to get started for free and have a basic personal portfolio and web page.

I was on a similar site previously, Fine Art America. The issue that I see with these sites, it is difficult to sell things unless you already have a following. Also, the basic price structure makes the product cost far above "Fair Market". I had over 100 images on FAA and never sold anything even though some of my pics had won recognition in a few of their internal contests?

All that said, I actually enjoyed the process as I was just learning photography at the time.
is there a site you recommend to use withOUT a big following to get sales?

so here is all the resolutions they accept which seems like my photos would and should be accepted and here is an example of one of my photos
There's nothing about your image that's obviously going to cause a problem.
Do they give any message to show why you can only pot in 20x20?
Do they actually say that the resolution is too low?
I think you should be asking Darkroom why things aren't working for you.
is there a site you recommend to use withOUT a big following to get sales?
The world is awash with high quality digital photography.
To get sales, you need your work to be seen by a large number of potential buyers for that kind of work.
And there has to be something exceptional about your work to make it stand out past all the other photography competing against it to attract buyers.
I doubt that any site is going to generate sales for you.

I earned 10 cents from my last photo sale from Shutterstock.

Video sales can earn more as I average about $30 for a video sale.

Try Pond5 to get started as they accept files as small as 2MB. Most other sites minimum file needed is 4 MB

Good Luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78