DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum + DJI Goggles

ChrisOutdoors

Reactions
Alright I just read the user manual for the DJI Goggles for the first time and I'm confused.

How does this system work???

I was under the impression the RC sent/received info from the aircraft then relayed that info to the goggles. Simply put, the RC was the middle man between the AC and goggles.

The manual reads as if the goggles are communicating directly to the AC.

I'd like to know how this works because I'm thinking about buying a range booster with amps on the RC.

Thanks!

The goggles connect directly to the aircraft. In fact, as an experiment I briefly turned off the controller and the googles stayed connected but did give me a message that the ”controlled is disconnected”.

Reactions: Thomas B
The goggles connect directly to the aircraft. In fact, as an experiment I briefly turned off the controller and the googles stayed connected but did give me a message that the ”controlled is disconnected”.

Thanks for confirming. So the goggles are directly connected to the AC and the RC has it's own connection directly to the AC.

What happens if you have a modded RC with boosters and are using the goggles?

Should I expect the feed to drop sooner on the goggles VS a modded RC+phone?

Thanks for confirming. So the goggles are directly connected to the AC and the RC has it's own connection directly to the AC.

What happens if you have a modded RC with boosters and are using the goggles?

Should I expect the feed to drop sooner on the goggles VS a modded RC+phone?
Yes, if modded correctly the RC would have a better connection. This is good since the RC is critical for safe flight while the goggles are not.

Anyway to get the RC to feed video to the googles?
If you have an HDMI output you could use a cable to the goggles HDMI input. I think the smart controller has one but I’m not sure. In theory, you could use an USB to HDMI but there would be some software issues to work out and I not even sure that’s a realistic option.

If you have an HDMI output you could use a cable to the goggles HDMI input. I think the smart controller has one but I’m not sure. In theory, you could use an USB to HDMI but there would be some software issues to work out and I not even sure that’s a realistic option.

I've got the Mavic Pro, no HDMI out. Anyone on this forum try Mavic Pro RC usb out to HDMI, that even work?

@brett8883 @Rnl
?

Alright I just read the user manual for the DJI Goggles for the first time and I'm confused.

How does this system work???

I was under the impression the RC sent/received info from the aircraft then relayed that info to the goggles. Simply put, the RC was the middle man between the AC and goggles.

The manual reads as if the goggles are communicating directly to the AC.

I'd like to know how this works because I'm thinking about buying a range booster with amps on the RC.

Thanks!
I have a modded RC and my connect to my goggles goes as far as the HD transmission to the RC. So you boost the RC you boost the goggles.

Someone mentioned that turning off the RC while using the goggles still allowed them to see the HD transmission. This has not been my experience. If I turn off my RC I lose video transmission to the goggles. Now if I unplug the mobile device the goggles still work since they have a version of DJI Go 4 on the goggles but not if you turn the RC off entirely.

I have a modded RC and my connect to my goggles goes as far as the HD transmission to the RC. So you boost the RC you boost the goggles.

Someone mentioned that turning off the RC while using the goggles still allowed them to see the HD transmission. This has not been my experience. If I turn off my RC I lose video transmission to the goggles. Now if I unplug the mobile device the goggles still work since they have a version of DJI Go 4 on the goggles but not if you turn the RC off entirely.
I mentioned it because I specifically did this experiment and I can confirm it works with the original white goggles and the standard controller with the M2P. Maybe your equipment is different?

Ah I have Mavic Pro

As do I, put in the subject line for this exact reason, didn't want feedback from any other model like the M2.

So Brett, you're saying the remote relays info to the DJI goggles? We have identical setups, if it works for you it'll work for me.

I really need more omni power to punch through interference and trees/foliage, hence the need for a booster like the titan switch, but I really want my screen image on the goggles. I don't fly far but I'm dropping to very low altitudes to photograph wildlife and that is limiting me quite a bit.

As do I, put in the subject line for this exact reason, didn't want feedback from any other model like the M2.

So Brett, you're saying the remote relays info to the DJI goggles? We have identical setups, if it works for you it'll work for me.

I really need more omni power to punch through interference and trees/foliage, hence the need for a booster like the titan switch, but I really want my screen image on the goggles. I don't fly far but I'm dropping to very low altitudes to photograph wildlife and that is limiting me quite a bit.
Sorry if I misled you but I thought it was obvious what equipment I had from my signature line. The difference between the MPP and the M2P is Occusync 1.0 vs 2.0. They are similar but have some clear differences.

I am fairly certain that the goggles still connect directly with the drone and not through the controller. Many people have reported differences in range between the controller and the goggles (with the M1 and M2), with the goggles usually having less range. If they were connecting via the controller this would not be the case.

Sorry if I misled you but I thought it was obvious what equipment I had from my signature line. The difference between the MPP and the M2P is Occusync 1.0 vs 2.0. They are similar but have some clear differences.

I am fairly certain that the goggles still connect directly with the drone and not through the controller. Many people have reported differences in range between the controller and the goggles (with the M1 and M2), with the goggles usually having less range. If they were connecting via the controller this would not be the case.

Not a problem, thanks for your reply

Ah I have Mavic Pro

Gave it a test this morning, DJI Googles + Mavic Pro Platinum. Turned off the RC and gave it a few seconds, I still had a connection with the googles, I was watching the AC return home.

If you're seeing different results with the googles losing connection when the RC is off I'd like to know how you achieved it. Boosted googles and remote is the desired result for me; thanks Brett!

Reactions: Camino Ken
Gave it a test this morning, DJI Googles + Mavic Pro Platinum. Turned off the RC and gave it a few seconds, I still had a connection with the googles, I was watching the AC return home.

If you're seeing different results with the googles losing connection when the RC is off I'd like to know how you achieved it. Boosted googles and remote is the desired result for me; thanks Brett!
I don’t know that I’ve done anything differently. I’ll try the test with turning off the RC again but I distinctly remember seeing a blank “Remote Controller disconnected” screen or something similar.

I use my goggles all the time and get as good of range with them as the boosted RC which is many times further than I would get with no boost. This is with the white goggles

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andresc.castrog