DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro platinum - Heating/Fans and clicking sound

kpundit

Reactions
Hi forum,

Newbie here, just got my MPP. Finished my unboxing and charging of the 3 batteries. First thing I noticed after inserting the first battery and powering up the drone was a constant low volume clicking sound and the underside + left side was warm to touch within a few minutes. I swapped the battery with another one and it the clicking sound didn't come back.

As soon as I started the firmware upgrade on the drone, which took about 15 mins, the fans started running what seems like full speed. It ran the entire time until I finished the update and powered off the drone to swap the batteries again. It seems like the fans just keep running even after the firmware updates were done for all the batteries. Is it normal for the fan to constantly run even if nothing is happening on the drone? the ambient temperature is between 70-73F.

thanks

update, the clicking sound is heard with all the batteries. Also even with the controller connected to the drone, the fans are ON. within 15-20 seconds of powering on the drone, the fans turn on..

A) Those are the ultrasonic sensors on the bottom of the Mavic that make the clicking sound ~perfectly normal...

B) The internal fan comes on more quickly when the Mavic is sitting. And, yes ~they run long and loud. Try aiming a small fan at the Mavic when it's on and stationary. There are many reports, my own included, of firmware updates failing half way through. If you keep air moving over the craft, it helps some of the time (did for me). And yes ~the bugger gets mighty hot, mighty fast when just sitting.

All perfectly normal...

Thanks for your quick response Qoncussion! It makes sense now. Now onto learning the basics before it goes up in the air.

Happy flying!

Reactions: Qoncussion
Hi. Me and my husband are new to drones and got a used mavic. Just upgraded the firmware, got really hot and even turned himself off without warning, but no fan working. Only the controller's fan got on.
Could the fan be broken?

Hi. Me and my husband are new to drones and got a used mavic. Just upgraded the firmware, got really hot and even turned himself off without warning, but no fan working. Only the controller's fan got on.
Could the fan be broken?

We found out from others that the mesh behind the bars from the gimbal is loosen and is on the fan. We pulled it back but now is making this noise. As a newbie, we don't really know if this is a normal fan noise or is bad?
Should we use it like this or to not take a chance?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots