DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Leaked!

Upgraded camera
10453d8f19b6e70b8da4a60f6ab8371d.jpg
How well does it work with head tracking? :)

IFA: DJI introduces Mavic Pro Platinum and Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian Drones
By Eric van Ballegoie Thursday 31 August 2017 09:57
DJI today introduces new versions of two existing drones. The Mavic Pro Platinum is a slightly improved version of the Mavic Pro that came to market a year ago. The new Platinum version is technically almost identical to its predecessor, but thanks to new ESCs (electronic speed controllers) and new propellers, it offers 11% longer flight time and 60% quieter operation.

The new propellers are also compatible with the first version of the Mavic Pro, which could also fly this quieter. DJI's press release does not mention the maximum speed of the Mavic Pro Platinum, it is unclear for now whether this changes due to the new propellers.

In addition to changes to the ESCs and propellers, the Mavic Pro Platinum has also received a platinum-colored housing, which makes the new drone optically different from its predecessor. The Mavic Pro Platinum is available directly for 1299 euros, while a fly-more combo with extra batteries, a charging station and carrying case costs 1599 euros. The Mavic Pro Platinum is therefore 100 euros more expensive than the standard version.

Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian

In addition to the Mavic Pro, DJI also gave the Phantom 4 Pro a new paint. Literally in this case, because the new Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian is actually a matte-gray version of the current Phantom 4 Pro. According to DJI, the new telg would be more professional and therefore intended for (semi) professional users. In addition to a gray body, the Obsidian also has a dark gray gimbal and camera module. The Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian can be ordered directly for 1699 euros, the same price as the white version of the Phantom 4 Pro

Posted this morning and removed then :
IFA: DJI introduceert Mavic Pro Platinum en Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian Drones

Reactions: Asidhowz
The Mavic Pro Platinum is now available on DJI's site here. Check out the specs and other details here.

Reactions: facasi
Not available for purchase just yet. Props not for sale individually on the site yet either.

Incremental upgrade then. Most likely a mavic 2 next year with meaningful changes. Hopefully camera related as thats by far its weakest part currently.

The ESC's are purported to be of the sine wave rather than the current square wave. I am thinking that this alone will greatly decrease the EMF noise generated. Less compass problems?

But the real question is... is it worth going through the trouble of selling your previous Mavic for 800-900, to spend a couple hundred more for 3 minutes of flight time? Assuming these new props are interchangeable on both Mavics and help reduce noise.

How can you tell the sound from YouTube I would have to hear it in person. There mic levels could be turned down.

I was comparing it to the sound of the Phantom in the same video. Phantom was super loud and the Mavic was incredibly quiet in comparison. In real life, they're close in loudness. So this proves it is significantly quieter.

Last edited:
Lol if thats all the "new" mavic has it is a fail. Never one time have i been worried about the sound or read about it online and a few minutes more of claimed flight time probably equals 45 seconds knowing dji.

Reactions: Mavic 57
Lol if thats all the "new" mavic has it is a fail. Never one time have i been worried about the sound or read about it online and a few minutes more of claimed flight time probably equals 45 seconds knowing dji.

It's probably 3 minutes, but after adding the new props to the old Mavic it probably only is a 45 second difference. They did say that flight time will be extended and noise will be reduced with these props, just not as much.

I don't think it's worth going through the hassle of selling your old Mavic to buy the same product for a couple hundred more for 1-2 extra battery life.

Reactions: Mavic 57

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair