DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Leaked!

sorry, how is the current MP camera a weakness? some water colour some have been getting?
I can't think of anything in the foreseeable future to upgrade the mavic...aside from maybe more OA sensors are the back and side.

The camera lacks sharpness (and thats without QC issues making it even worse). Its very noisy even at base ISO. The dynamic range is terrible. As far as video goes the 60mbps bit rate for 4k leaves artefacts and noticeable flickering.
Basically its a 2-3 year old cell phone camera but with the advantage of manual controls.

I managed to grab a Pro Fly More Combo on Monday for £1109 (Normally £1349) in the Uk (BT SHOP) was worried when I heard a new update was due and that I would have to take it back.

Not bothered now tbh, the Platinum is the better Drone but won't be available at least until 30/09/17 (proper calendar format) if you are lucky, doubt it will have any discounts.

This basically means, I got (27*3) 81 minutes of flight time for the price of the new 30 minutes of flight time Platinum a month early!

Well that's my glass half full look at it :0)

And it might even perform better if the new props reduce noise on the pro

Just seen the following statement on the DJI store regarding the new props:

"Noise reduction and flight time are also enhanced when used with the Mavic Pro, but not as much."

It has also been documented on the forums that DJI engineers are stating that the props are 50% of the new noise and flight time improvements and the new ESC is the rest (analogue/sinusoid like control allows for more precise speed changes).

If this is all true then we would be looking at an approx 30% noise reduction (I know DB's are odd) and 1.5mins flight time improvement?

Now starting to see why there is only £100 difference in the units.

Last edited:
Basically its a 2-3 year old cell phone camera but with the advantage of manual controls.
sounds pretty reasonable for a $1000 quad

would I like to see better DR? of course
sharpness is fine
60mbps for 4k isn't ideal but no worse than GoPro quality

i'm glad they aren't doing a Mavic 2 this year...mine gets to be relevant for at least another 12 months so my wallet is happy

Reactions: Vilco
The propeller design is from the helicopter that Seal team Six used to Kill Osama.

Similar to the mi-24 tho, if you make too radical maneuvers you can actually
hit the booms and destroy MP

Do you think we could downgrade firmware to .400 on the platinum???

Do you think we could downgrade firmware to .400 on the platinum???
You should be able to if it uses the same firmware as the Mavic Pro. I'm assuming it won't though since it has different ESCs and possibly some other internal components.

Reason for asking my bird was stolen Fri. want to get a replacement , a new old mavic would still downgrade correct??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato