DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum or Wait.......

Mavicjon999

Reactions
Hi guys I had a Mavic Pro last year but sold it at Christmas and I regretted it big time....
Want to get another Mavic but the platinum version or do I hold off for the Mavic Pro 2...?
What do I do.....?

If you are desperate, you can get a regular refurbished Mavic for around $699. The Mavic Pro 2 may or may not come this year.

Personal choice only you can answer. I was waiting..waiting...waiting for the Autel EVO and finally once nicer weather was here and still no EVO, I bought the Mavic Pro. You say you regret selling yours and want another, sounds like you answered your own question. I enjoy the experiences I'm having right now and am glad I stopped waiting. The best time to fly is now and the best thing to fly is what you have.

When I do buy I would rather buy new...would love the Mavic Pro 2 as it’s the latest one,it’s just how long to wait....[emoji848]

Why the Platinum? It's not worth the extra money IMHO. There are great deals on he regular MP.
I would grab that chance if I needed a new Mavic now.

Reactions: gppms
There is no reliable information on what will be next or when. Will there be something else released in the future? Yes. No one knows what and when. Could be 2 months, could be a year. You can wait if you want. No one here any other more information than you do.

Why buy something you already had. Buy a Inspire. Then hif and win the MP 2 comes out you can buy it. Ones you fly a Inspire you won’t regret selling the MP.

Want to get another Mavic but the platinum version or do I hold off for the Mavic Pro 2
Do you want to fly soon? If so, get a Mavic Pro. You can always sell it later. Lots of people love to buy old models at a discount.

There hasn't been a legit photo of the next Mavic leaked yet, so I don't think it's something we'll see in the next couple of months. The Mavic Pro really has no competition at the moment, so DJI would not benefit by releasing a new Mavic (even if it is ready right now).

Why buy something you already had. Buy a Inspire. Then hif and win the MP 2 comes out you can buy it. Ones you fly a Inspire you won’t regret selling the MP.

They are the same price now?

Twice as much (minimum)

Why not buy a Matrice 600 Pro? Once you fly a Matrice you won't regret selling your Inspire.

Can be said of almost anything that costs at least 2 times more.

Microcenter.com has the Platinum on sale for $899 or the fly more for $1299 which is a really good price. $100 off the Combo or $200 off the Platinum by itself.

The only thing that would stop me from getting the MPP is if I new for sure the new Mavic Pro 2 was coming with an adjustable aperture.

i was in pretty much the same situation, sold my mavic pro to a friend in Bissau when I was there in January, then deliberated about waiting for the MPII or buying a new MPP. In the end, I got myself a Mavic Air, to tide me over until the MPII comes out. My thinking was that the MA and the MPII will be different enough (mostly size weight) that I will be happy to have them both for different uses after the MPII comes out.

Just fancy the platinum one not really bothered about the extra cash....

If you're not bothered about paying the extra cash, then buy the MPP and sell it at a discount to buy the latest and greatest MP2 when that's released.

I know the rumors say that the MP II is expected to have the new props on it. But do y’all think it will be as quite as the MPP? A quieter drone is one of the turn ons for me with the MPP and I know the MP isn’t quite as quiet as the MPP even using the new props so I’m curious if the MP II will be as quite as MPP or just quieter than the MP. That’s whats holding me back from purchasing an MPP right now. Trying to hold off a bit longer to hopefully see what features the MP II will have. I’m not purchasing for photography so a better camera isn’t necessarily a selling point for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute